University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very comprehensive interview and assessment. This was a full-day interview process.

First there was a phone screening. Then in person group interview.

You had to prepare a 20 minute presentation for review of you facilitator skills.

After presentations there were 1:1 panel interviews.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

there were 3 separate interviews, a phone interview, a group interview, then the final interview was 1on1 with a Manager. Once you completed and satisfied their questions, they at that time said they would call to inform you of their decision,

Interview Questions

• If a potential student, was hesiutant in starting an wanted to hang up, how would you keep their interest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained the position and the salary and then asked if I would be interested in a position. I reiterated about the benefits and hours and accepted the postion

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was called into a group interview. I learned what it would be like to work at University of Phoenix. We were then interviewed one on one and asked to sell a rainbow. This was a surprise. I was then called back for another interview and had a more at ease interview. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward. They had a plan laid out of how you make more money.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

STAR method, behaivoral interview. Come prepared to account for every opportunity and mistake you have made and how you overcame it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced adversity in the work place.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

long and detailed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

misleading this is a sales job not counseling

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview

Was called by phone and interviewed. After this, was asked to come in for a group interview- a presentation of why I would be best for the position. 3 Min max time allowed. There were about 15 people at this presentation. After, they said they would be calling back those who would move to second interview. I was called. This was a group interview with managers who asked detailed questions about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations. i am currently waiting to hear back as they are doing the background check which can take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected the training is out of town for 2 weeks with one week in between at the home office.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview w/ the heads of education in the San Diego Campus. It required a in-interview lesson demo. What I didn't like was that, while they were cordial, there was zero feedback after.

Interview Questions

• Can you be a facilitator, not just a source of info.   1 Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Panel interview that took the whole group of interviews, and had them all listen in. This was one of the most intense interviews I have ever seen. i felt like i was in a class presentation or something. It was ppt.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Gardena, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially I was phoned by someone who saw my resume on Cal Jobs. ThenI was invited to a Group interview with an opportunity to demonstrate a specific skill. About a week following the interview I received a call and a letter inviting me to participate in a mandatory 5 week mentorship where I attended a weekly class and completed assignments that oriented me to the UOP expectations for course delivery and student evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult learning style for you to address in the classroom   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a student who is not paying attention?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively simple.They explained the levels available for candidates years of experience and their degree. There was not much flexibility for being provided a higher amount based on other factors, such as community involvement.

Progession Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

2-3 step process. Phone interview with an HR recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with 2-3 managers. Sometimes there is also an interview with the direct hiring manager as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced adversity.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with any angry customer, client, etc. and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No opportunity for negotiation. Base pay with no bonus.