University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me about the position, then they connected me with the University for interviews after recruiter screening. Had several rounds of interviews with the University of Phoenix before job was offered

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Remote, OR).

Interview

Very professional! I was contacted via telephone and email. All interview questions and answers were done virtually or via telephone. Talent Acquisition was professional. The training for the job was very supportive and completely online.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to teach college students.   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview with a company recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with admissions director, received a call about an hour later stating they wanted to make an offer and complete a background check

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Three step Interview process with different management personnel. They made sure you knew how to sale in all of the interviews. Very basic traditional interview Questions were involved. They made sure you knew it was a call center environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You didn't have wiggle room, either take it or leave it.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then the recruiter scheduled me for an in person interview. This was a panel of 5 people interviewing me with questions in hand to ask me. Basically it was the standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me a time when.....". Each person on that panel asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a mistake that costed your company money.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

It was long but was a good process. It was not too difficult and the training sucks because you don't get paid for it. The interview was a behavior based interview process. I has a phone interview, then a question / answer interview, and a trial.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness, why did you want to be an adjunct faculty member,   Answer Question

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Pretty simple. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and then an in-person interview. I wasn't expecting it, but I walked in and there were a lot of other people interviewing in a large room at the same time. They called me to a table to interview with two managers.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Started with a recruiting agency that determines criteria match. Then you get an interview with hiring manager, in which role playing techniques were used. Then a follow up interview with Executive leadership on your experience, desire, and understanding of their company and values.

Interview Questions

• After pre-screening, they give you a sales scenario and ask you to do role playing. You are in an education event, and representing the university programs, how will you bring prospective students to your table and what will you share with them about the programs to get them interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not go through negotiation at the time.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Initial phone screen by a regional recruiter. Panel interview questions over a 15-minute period, approximately five to six questions. Every candidate must conduct a 10-minute PowerPoint sample class presentation; many candidates get blown out at this stage as they get lengthy and unfocused trying to impress the interview panel. Candidates are then placed together for a group case exercise to see how they interact (e.g. do you get over-competitive or passive). You are notified no later than 10 days later of your acceptance or decline. Accepted candidate must then enroll in a six-week in-person and online training course which emulates a typical course design at UOP, it is effective!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach? Why do you want to teach specifically at the University of Phoenix?   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The process was long and drawn out.
    Never interviewed or spoke with my actual manager which was odd.
    The interviews were typically 20-30 days apart.
    It wasn't clear which location I was actually interviewing for until the end.