University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Client Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Within 3 days of applying I was scheduled an interview. I went through 3 rounds on the same day, which I appreciated that I didn't have to travel back on a different day. It was a positive experience.

E A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Recruiter interview over the phone. I was told that I was selected for a face to face interview. I then had a panel interview with the hiring managers. Behavioral Questions: Tell me a time when.....

Associate Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Be aware that you will have to complete a fairly extensive unpaid training as part of the "interview" process. Other than that the hiring process was rather straight forward. Now I'm just trying to meet the word minimum. The main thing I wanted to convey was the unpaid training. Ok, still trying to meet word minimum for this field. Sorry, for the lack of efficiency. This is the problem with online forms. Ok that should be good enough by now, right?

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a HR recruiter. She said they had multiple openings for this general job and after getting more information from me, she would see what programs/departments I seemed best suited to. She said that even if I wasn't selected for any openings they currently had, they would hold on to my information in case anything else opened up.

Interview Questions

• She asked about me, how I heard about the opening, why I'm leaving my current job. She asked for more detailed information from my resume ("I see you wrote XYZ, can you tell me more?"), and about salary range.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Posted resume, and about two weeks later was called in for interview. The interview was pleasant and a real conversation, not the crazy questions being asked these days - like what type of a tree would you chose to be, We hit it off right way, and I was offered the job on the spot. I filled out the application and was sent for the standard drug test. Once that was returned I was given my start date. It was a good match and I enjoyed the work.

Academic Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I had several rounds in terms of meeting with people. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed meeting people at different levels of the company. I interviewed for one position and ended up getting another that was better suited for my background. I was trained on the job so their was no formal training. It was really fast paced and you had to think quickly on your feet.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? What do you like most about your previous job? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

very welcoming and informative. The environment is very personalized. Expectations of the position were covered for the role in which i was applying for and the positions to be filled to include the process. This interview process is still underway.

Interview Questions

• confirmation of my experience for the job   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

It was a Skype interview. The questions were salient and on point. I thought it was a great interview process. The most difficult part was having to come up with my weaknesses. I don't like that questions. Overall I thought it was great.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

First you must pass an assessment, then they interview by phone, then in person with two people. If offered a position you must wait for background check and for a training session to begin.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

There was an online application followed by a very brief phone screening from a recruiter. After the phone screening, I had an interview with an Enrollment Manager. I then had another phone interview with Campus Director because I lived out of town. The Campus Director then routed me back to the Campus Director of Enrollment for a final phone interview that felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a objection by a customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question