University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.8

Faculty Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had submitted my application online. A few days later I received an email offering me a phone interview opportunity. i was available for the day and time they offered, so I accepted. The phone interview took about 30 minutes overall. Position ended up being cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you began a new project, describe it and the outcome.   Answer Question

Enrollment Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Basic behavioral based interview. Three people sitting on a review board. Each person asked a question and then a follow up question based on how you answered the question. It was all pretty standard. Once the interview was completed they provided feedback on whether you got the position or not within about a week or so, basically just had to wait on the background check of the chosen candidate. Only problem is that almost every manager they promoted was a manager before. Almost no one new got a promotion, they just re-promoted the same garbage that got them into the trouble they are already in.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the recent past? Tell me about a time you had to diffuse an confrontation. Why would you be a good fit for a leadership position within the University.   Answer Question

Qualifying Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied through staffing agency, got a call the next day, interviewed at agency with recruiter and took a typing test. Sent to interview at Uop and had a small panel interview.
    Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

In person interview, computer assessment to see how you would handle student scenarios, and job offer shortly after. Process was easy and I was placed into a specified area. Training was a week long.

Campus Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

An assessment, then phone interview, then in person interview. A guy and a girl interviewed me and I could tell immediately the girl didn't like me. She cut me off and was not impressed by my answers. The guy was considerate and very easy going. Overall I felt like she judged me by my appearance before even getting to know me. She was intimidated by my appearance. I tried to engage her in coversation but she had already made up her mind that a good looking girl couldn't work there. Very unprofessional and pathetic.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Spokane, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the owner and the supervisor for a total of fifteen min. Told them my experience and that was it and a UA had to be passed. They asked how well i worked with others and if i worked well under pressure. Asked if i knew how to weld both with SMAW and GMAW.

Interview Questions

• How long i have been welding for? Did i have any schooling knowledge for welding? Do i enjoy welding and fabricating?   1 Answer

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Application

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After I gave the new my application they set up a phone interview. I really liked the interviewer, she was nice, and we had a good chat. She said they will contact me for an in person interview. Still waiting to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a client who was not happy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Business Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with HR, then move to hitting management group, and finally to operational reports. HR was slow to respond between interviews and not very helpful with discussing process. Often difficult to reach.

Interview Questions

• Majority of behavioral questions which get old after a while. Would be good to have more of a mix. Example include -discuss a time you had to correct a process you were implementing, Did you have to make a course correct?   1 Answer

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked many questions that were not relevant to the position that I currently held, it was very difficult for me to recall an instance in detail that would be relevant to the question. I currently hold a position that does not have contact with students

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in detail that you were able to anticipate the needs of a student   Answer Question