University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Spokane, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke with the owner and the supervisor for a total of fifteen min. Told them my experience and that was it and a UA had to be passed. They asked how well i worked with others and if i worked well under pressure. Asked if i knew how to weld both with SMAW and GMAW.

Interview Questions

• How long i have been welding for? Did i have any schooling knowledge for welding? Do i enjoy welding and fabricating?   1 Answer

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

After I gave the new my application they set up a phone interview. I really liked the interviewer, she was nice, and we had a good chat. She said they will contact me for an in person interview. Still waiting to have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a client who was not happy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Business Dean Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with HR, then move to hitting management group, and finally to operational reports. HR was slow to respond between interviews and not very helpful with discussing process. Often difficult to reach.

Interview Questions

• Majority of behavioral questions which get old after a while. Would be good to have more of a mix. Example include -discuss a time you had to correct a process you were implementing, Did you have to make a course correct?   1 Answer

Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked many questions that were not relevant to the position that I currently held, it was very difficult for me to recall an instance in detail that would be relevant to the question. I currently hold a position that does not have contact with students

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in detail that you were able to anticipate the needs of a student   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Long process, interview with several managers and directors. Asked several questions and to sell something right on the spot. Nothing too difficult, they really want to get to know you and your views on sales, and education

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary for this job is pretty firm.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2014.

Interview

I completed an application online and was notified that an assessment needed to be completed. After completing the assessment, I received an e-mail about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was a series of behavioral questions and were rather easy. I received the opportunity to interview face-to-face at the Dallas location. I interviewed with one representative. Overall it seemed as if things went well. I was told that I would have a decision within 5 to 7 business days. During this waiting period a received an offer from another college closer to my home and I accepted it. I never heard anything back from University of Phoenix. I didn't receive a offer nor a denial.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a customer happy that you can't please?   Answer Question