University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions

• They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

PC Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Panel interview with IT director, manager, network admin, and other department heads. Questions were asked about how to handle to certain issues/problems. How to trouble shoot basic pc issues. How to deal with more advanced networking issues and what steps I would take to resolve.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions "Why are man hole covers round?" "If you were a carrot in a salad and were about to be eaten what would you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Pay was less then my previous employer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

Interview

I received an email that said if i applied to this job then I would get an interview. So I applied and then was directed to a set of online tests. My score was never disclosed, the tests were not necessary difficult just time consuming. I was then scheduled for a phone interview, it lasted around 30 minutes. All the questions were the behavior based tell me a time when ... happened using the star format. I feel like the questions were pretty generic and I could have easily made things up to make myself look better but I was honest and used recent examples for my answers. A couple days later I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to manage a difficult situation, what was the situation and what did I do in that situation.   Answer Question

Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Overall, the process was fairly easy and took about 4 weeks in total. Just study all the behavioral questions you see posted here and just sell yourself! They like people who are self-motivated, hard-working, and dedicated to their work. Be prepared to provide only work-related examples for the interview behavioral questions. Also, feel free to ask questions throughout the whole process! My interviewers were very friendly and personable. They made my experience very comfortable and I was able to express myself easier.

**About a week after the interview I received a contingent backup offer for the position. Pretty much means that I got the job I just have to wait until another open position is available...sucks but it's worth the wait. Pay and benefits are outstanding!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but the starting pay is great! Plus you get a raise each year. Not bad at all.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

The University of Phoenix has a very thorough multi-step interview process. A presentation is required, and interviews from several people. Everybody was nice and the process was actually quite enjoyable, though a bit intimidating.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

The process was easy and mostly virtual if not in person. Begins with recruiter and moves on to internal interviews. After internal interview are completed, you work again with a recruiter to handle background check detail. Then after results are back, final confirmation notice is sent via email entailing a job offer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.