University of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Long process, interview with several managers and directors. Asked several questions and to sell something right on the spot. Nothing too difficult, they really want to get to know you and your views on sales, and education

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary for this job is pretty firm.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2014.

Interview

I completed an application online and was notified that an assessment needed to be completed. After completing the assessment, I received an e-mail about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was a series of behavioral questions and were rather easy. I received the opportunity to interview face-to-face at the Dallas location. I interviewed with one representative. Overall it seemed as if things went well. I was told that I would have a decision within 5 to 7 business days. During this waiting period a received an offer from another college closer to my home and I accepted it. I never heard anything back from University of Phoenix. I didn't receive a offer nor a denial.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a customer happy that you can't please?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Arlington, TX).

Interview

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions

• They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

PC Systems Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Panel interview with IT director, manager, network admin, and other department heads. Questions were asked about how to handle to certain issues/problems. How to trouble shoot basic pc issues. How to deal with more advanced networking issues and what steps I would take to resolve.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions "Why are man hole covers round?" "If you were a carrot in a salad and were about to be eaten what would you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Pay was less then my previous employer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

Interview

I received an email that said if i applied to this job then I would get an interview. So I applied and then was directed to a set of online tests. My score was never disclosed, the tests were not necessary difficult just time consuming. I was then scheduled for a phone interview, it lasted around 30 minutes. All the questions were the behavior based tell me a time when ... happened using the star format. I feel like the questions were pretty generic and I could have easily made things up to make myself look better but I was honest and used recent examples for my answers. A couple days later I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to manage a difficult situation, what was the situation and what did I do in that situation.   Answer Question