University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Livermore, CA | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Livermore, CA

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Livermore, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application in May, received an email in Aug/Sept for a phone interview, placed in a on-campus group interview in Sept, enrolled in training in October, taught my first course end of the year. I actually forgot I had submitted an application via online by the time I received an email from the recruiter. All of the initial interviews and first part of the screening process goes through the corporate office in Phoenix. For those with some experience teaching the interview process is standard, for those with no experience and no understanding of andragogy, it would be very difficulty.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview we each had to facilitate learning a topic in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Livermore, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

3 step interview: 1) competency test (reading, writing, listening, comprehension, 2) phone interview (25 min - getting to know you), 3) in person panel interview (2 Enrolment Mangers and 1 Enrollment Director). All very pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary. The questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in education? Name a time where you had to resolve a conflict.   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Livermore, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted for a group interview. Interview was set in a large group and we did a couple of exercises, including one where we were partnered with another person and had to "sell" our partner to the group. We also had to do the same with ourselves individually. After the group interview, we were told that if they called our name they would like us to stay for a one-on-one interview. I was selected and was very excited. I thought the interview went very well. I was asked general interview questions and about my previous experience, along with how I thought my previous experience would relate to the position. I was told that I'd be contacted within a week to know the outcome of the interview, and about a week later I received a denail email saying "thank you but we have selected another more qualified candidate" kind of thing. I thought, no problem, I can just apply again another time. So I did, about six months later. Same deal, same group interview. Asked to stay for the one-on-one interview again. And again, I was not selected. I tried one more time, thinking third time's a charm, but no luck. I didn't get asked to stay this time. So I called the recruiter and asked her point blank why I wasn't selected. Of course, I got the run-around, saying that maybe I didn't possess something they were looking for or that there were so many candidates that they just chose someone more closely qualified. They wasted my time not once or twice but three times.