University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

4.3

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Sacramento, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was called into a group interview. I learned what it would be like to work at University of Phoenix. We were then interviewed one on one and asked to sell a rainbow. This was a surprise. I was then called back for another interview and had a more at ease interview. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me a rainbow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward. They had a plan laid out of how you make more money.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone call, panel interview with possibly a second panel interview, then background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Corporate Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (Sacramento, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially, it began as a telephone interview where I was asked about my experience and how it related to the position - there was emphasis on sales and comfort in cold calling. The second interview was a group interview with 6 other applicants. This consisted a presentation of the company and the position. Following the presentation we were asked to introduce ourselves with one word that described us and why we were a good fit for the position. Then we had to interview our neighbor and "sell" why they would be a good fit for the position. This conducted the group interview. Afterwards we were instructed to call and leave a voice message as a simulation of a cold call to a potential corporate contact.

I suggest future applicants emphasize their sales experience and their potential contacts.

Interview Questions

• Interview your neighbor for 5 minutes and prepare a 60 second sales pitch on why they are the best for this position.   Answer Question