University of Phoenix Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

University of Phoenix Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by dean. Asked questios about experiences and specializations. Shared personal teaching experiences. Asked about teaching philosophy and how I could contribute. The interview was not threatening. Dean was very approachable. Spoke about type of classes and students and my view about working with these type of classes or students. The overall experience was great. The dean was very specific about what I would do. She also made me feel like I would teach at least one class every 8 weeks. Disappointed that that did'nt happen.

Interview Questions

• How long have you taught at a university level?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negociation was really not there. They have a fixed salary and so nothing can be negociated.Teaching classes was totally based on number of students, however, it seems certain part time workers close to dean or clerical scheduler had their favorites

Enrollment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a panel interview of all local directors. All questions were behavior based and each person asked about two questions each. The interview was stress free and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you plan to train/coach a poor performing employee.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Phoenix (San Antonio, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The local leadership has changed dramatically over the past 2 years. When I was hired, I had an initial phone interview with the Department Chair, then a face-to-face interview with her. Once selected, I and cohorts were trained over several weeks in a very thorough manner. In order to be hired, we worked in teams to demonstrate organizational skills, lecturing style and creativity. There was a panel of judges. My team and I were selected, but I believe I am the only one of five who is still employed.

Interview Questions

• We had to commit to many hours and model projects and assignments similar to what we would expect from our future students. There was considerable observation and behind-the-scenes deliberation, but no interview questions were asked following the prospective employee show and tell. The phone and face-to-face interviews were more of an opportunity to get to know each other. These were chats, not formal questions and answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved. Each class is five weeks and this is the pay each Master's or Doctoral adjunct receives. It increases slightly with tenure.