University of Pittsburgh Career Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pittsburgh Career Counselor Interview Questions

Career Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Interviewed with Pitt through a phone screen which lasted about 30 minutes. Was fairly straightforward. Came to campus and spent full day interviewing. Interview included 30 minute presentation and several interview sessions with a variety of different groups of people. I then waited 6 months before receiving an offer. I confirmed later that this delay wasn't because I wasn't their first choice, it's because HR at Pitt is very slow - think sloths, riding a molasses river, in January.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a time you created something new. How did you make it great?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Department does not negotiate. They are on fixed salary levels

Other Interview Reviews for University of Pittsburgh

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied on line. I was called by HR for a phone interview. I was brought on site for a group interview and then went through a series of 1 on 1 interviews with the Assistant Dean and Dean. An offer was made shortly after. The entire process was under 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate given the University and budget constraints