University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2018

2.5

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic computer knowledge and other behavioral questions   Answer Question

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

basic interview questions, how did you hear about the position, discussed hours

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a dispute with a coworker and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage is non negotiable, hours are flexible

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

There were about four rounds of interviews during which I had to meet multiple supervisors. Each interview was more like an informal conversation, because everyone was so laid back. It was a good experience, but took about a month and a half until I was offered the position. I would recommend applying for the benefits of working for a university.

Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview mainly focuses on the experience with customer interaction and knowledge about general IT equipment. Mainly HR related question with stress on previous experiences and how that experience can be utilized in the current position. Knowledge of IT systems, programming, software tools is a plus.

Interview Questions

• During your previous job, describe a problem that you faced and how did you tackle it   Answer Question
    • If a customer is creating a problem in the lab how will you handle the situation   Answer Question

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First is a phone interview, they asked what skills do I have and described the job.
    Then I came to the office, they showed me the website and expectation about the website. And asked me if I can do that.

Interview Questions

• All the question are basic, no difficult and unexpected question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The manager was very friendly and informative and made sure that I felt at ease during the interview. She was straightforward and easy to deal with, no issues with scheduling or otherwise.

Inside Sales Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a sales rep manager at a job fair and then was moved to the next round. I then had an in-person interview with three different sales rep manager which lasted approximately one hour. Also, because one of the sales rep managers could not attend this in-person interview, I then had a phone interview with him. After this process I was then moved onto the next round where I had to complete a 30/60/90 day business plan. No instruction was given on this step. I submitted the business plan, but did not move to a further round beyond this.

Interview Questions

• How does your current position specifically prepare you for a job as an inside sales rep?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I replied to an email and went in to interview within the same week. The interview was less than 15 min., it was for an internship position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple personal interview, single stage. There are a variety of positions to apply for, but each should only require a one-on-one with a managing authority (usually your future supervisor). Dress well, be amicable, have good social skills, and know enough background to survive an orientation session or two and you should not be bad off.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have?
      When are you free/able to start?
      When will you be graduating? (assuming you are still a student)   Answer Question

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied using online website. This was a job that I had applied to a year earlier and didn't get. I thought I would reapply this time around. Received a call a few days later, and was invited for an interview the next week. Interview was a little over one hour. A week later, I receive a call from the hiring manager. She told me that she wanted to offer the position to me, but that Pitt had to contact my current supervisor for a reference before I could be hired. The hiring manager told me that she could call my current boss now for the reference, or that Pitt's Human Resources could give me the offer first, and then she would call my current boss for the reference.

I didn't want my current boss knowing that I was planning on getting another position for various reasons. I replied that I would rather hear the offer first, and if I the offer was good enough, they could then call my current boss. I now realize that sounds a little greedy, but it was coming from a place of concern, so bosses get angry when they find out an employee wants to leave.

When HR called me about 30 minutes later, the offer was for a salary that was thousands of dollars less than I currently make. I was told there was no negotiation. LOL So I had to decline it since I had no reason to accept less money (I already have great benefits as my current job).

I emailed the hiring manager to thank her for her time, and tell her that I understood if she couldn't budge, and Happy Holidays. She never responded to me.

Interview Questions

They offered a salary much lower than I currently make, and did not offer any benefits that would have offset the financial hit. Also, I should point out that I'm a secretary, It isn't like I was demanding $45,000 a year or something. If they just would have met my salary that they know I currently make. I didn't think that was asking too much.