University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Lasted a little over an hour. The entire department was present for the interview (very small department). Everyone was very personable and laid back. Overall it was a very positive experience. They said it may be 2 weeks before they make a decision, however.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and how would you go about improving them?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

*Applied online and received phone call approximately a week after application
    *Interviewed approximately a week after initial phone call
    *Typical interview with pretty standard interview questions
    *Received follow up phone call and then email stating "congratulations, you are our final candidate for this position. Pitt HR requires reference check from you current supervisor, so once that's done, we will forward everything on to HR."
    *I wasn't exactly comfortable with this, but I provided them with my supervisor's name.
    *Waited over a week and a half to hear anything and when I did it was a form response stating that I didn't get the job (mind you I spoke to all of my references and I know I received stellar references (including from my supervisor))
    *Followed up only to find out that a 'last minute candidate' came in after they started the process with me that had the 'exact' qualifications that they were looking for,
    *In my opinion, highly unprofessional.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email with some dates available for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed with the manager and supervisor separately. Typical job interview.... tell me about youself....

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The manager was very friendly and informative and made sure that I felt at ease during the interview. She was straightforward and easy to deal with, no issues with scheduling or otherwise.

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Over an hour long and very hard questions. The length of the interview also made it exhausting. There were 3 interviewers, one of which walked in looking irritated right off the bat.

Disability Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative that went very well. Within a few days, I received another phone call to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was conducted with four or five members of the diversity "team". It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to serve as a team leader.   Answer Question

Youth Quality Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Mechanicsburg, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed a month after applying to the position. It was a panel interview and each panelist was polite. They made me feel comfortable and asked plenty of questions. Some of the questions were easy, while others were a bit difficult.

Interview Questions

• The interview focused on my experience as a Foster Child/teen as the position was at the Child Welfare Resource Center.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

I applied online, interviewed one month later, and received an offer two weeks after that.The interview was in person with the PI and lasted roughly an hour, which included a tour of the lab and an introduction to the other staff member. It was pretty intense, involving designing experiments and troubleshooting issues.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design the perfect BSL1 E. coli strain, what are all of the considerations you would have?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Interview process is straightforward - with direct supervisor of the position being interviewed for. Interviews are in-person. Each job position must interview a minimum of 3 individuals before making a selection unless a special waiver is obtained.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals with the University?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Good and they will ask you the question about resume. also there are some algorithm and machine learning problems. you need to think and answer it immediately. So, do more prepare and you need to really know what you list on the resume, if you are not good enough in that skill, don't list it!