University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 228 of over 228 interviews

In Person7%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

Standard questions with out any read curve balls. Friendly and nice. Ended up feeling like a conversation and like an approachable boss. She even gave me a tour after we were done taking.

Interview Questions
  • What is your teaching philosophy?
    Answer Question

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview scheduling process at Pitt was easy and they set up interviews quickly. The actual interview was very fair and they staff asked great questions. The staff were very friendly. The only problem was that they set up a series of 5 interviews at one time before knowing that they even wanted to move on to the next step with me.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time that you had to manage a difficult situation by confronting your manager.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

169.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=University of Pittsburgh~3026
Join the conversation on

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

It was a long interview. kind of overwhelming yet everyone was friendly. That helped to make it go by a little faster. in the end, it probably made sense being that length.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

Very nice experience. Collegial and intellectual. They will work to make you feel comfortable and engage with your research. The campus is nice and the people are warm. A good place to start a career.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

Applied and interviewed for like 20 mins about my qualifications and experience, super quick and easy to talk to the principal investigator, offered the job immediately so it was a good experience overall

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

I applied as an internal candidate. Woman from the department emailed me the next day to set up a 30 min phone call. We have the phone call, I honestly thought it went very well. I followed up, she didn't respond. I got an automatic email stating I am no longer considered. I email her again asking what I could have done differently to get a second interview. She ghosted me. I know people are busy, but being ghosted is extremely unprofessional and I already work here at the University. I can only imagine how rude interviewers are if you are an external candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in Mar 2022

Interview

The hiring manager was very communicative and flexible setting up an interview with me. Due to the pandemic my interview was conducted via Zoom. Other members of the team were present on the interview as well.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some standard questions about my past experience and how it relates to the skills required for the position. I was also asked about my communication style and how I manage conflict.

University of Pittsburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh

Interview

Very easy. 2 interviews. The first one with PI. Another with all the lab members. 15 min with each lab member. Everybody was very cordial. Then one member showed me the lab.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

standard dry interview process and going over resume standard dry interview process and going over resume standard dry interview process and going over resume standard dry interview process and going over resume

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview consisted of behavioral questions and the duration was 3 hours with multiple sections. Panel members made me comfortable during the interview. Had technical questions from java, SQL, and past work experience.

Interview Questions
  • Did you face any challenges in the previous assignment and how did you overcome the challenges?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 228 Interviews

University of Pittsburgh Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at University of Pittsburgh as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.53 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Postdoctoral Research Associate and Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Student Worker roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at University of Pittsburgh takes an average of 35 days when considering 231 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Postdoctoral Research Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Research Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 34 days).

Common stages of the interview process at University of Pittsburgh according to 231 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 26.14%