University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2018

2.6

Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Interviewed via phone and in person in a group interview with faculty and staff members present. The entire process lasted about two weeks or so. It was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very good. I was asked fair and honest questions. The process consisted of a face to face interview with the hiring manager from the department. I felt very comfortable in this type of interview atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• The department made sure to ask in depth questions about my previous experience. They really wanted to make sure I had the experience needed to succeed in the role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in December 2017.

Interview

Conducted a couple phone interviews over the course of a week. Fairly informal but got into more concrete and serious discussions. After the second one, never heard back, even after reaching out, despite being told I would in a few days.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online when job was posted. Got a callback for a Skype interview a day later. Had the Skype interview then a week later had what was suppose to be a 30 min in person interview with 3 reps. The first two reps were very professional, but rushed through the interview. (Only lasted 15 mins) The third rep I was suppose to interview with ended up being unavailable to interview. I was suppose to hear back from them it’s been 2 weeks and nothing. Very rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that’s not on your resume   Answer Question

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Lasted a little over an hour. The entire department was present for the interview (very small department). Everyone was very personable and laid back. Overall it was a very positive experience. They said it may be 2 weeks before they make a decision, however.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and how would you go about improving them?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email with some dates available for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed with the manager and supervisor separately. Typical job interview.... tell me about youself....

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The manager was very friendly and informative and made sure that I felt at ease during the interview. She was straightforward and easy to deal with, no issues with scheduling or otherwise.

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Over an hour long and very hard questions. The length of the interview also made it exhausting. There were 3 interviewers, one of which walked in looking irritated right off the bat.

Disability Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative that went very well. Within a few days, I received another phone call to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was conducted with four or five members of the diversity "team". It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to serve as a team leader.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Letter of intent with an outline of planned research focus, then personal interviews with faculty over the course of two days, and finally a presentation to the whole group which included current work and future steps.