University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Pittsburgh

2.5

Computer Lab Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

basic interview questions, how did you hear about the position, discussed hours

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a dispute with a coworker and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage is non negotiable, hours are flexible

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic computer knowledge and other behavioral questions   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

There were about four rounds of interviews during which I had to meet multiple supervisors. Each interview was more like an informal conversation, because everyone was so laid back. It was a good experience, but took about a month and a half until I was offered the position. I would recommend applying for the benefits of working for a university.

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First is a phone interview, they asked what skills do I have and described the job.
    Then I came to the office, they showed me the website and expectation about the website. And asked me if I can do that.

Interview Questions

• All the question are basic, no difficult and unexpected question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The manager was very friendly and informative and made sure that I felt at ease during the interview. She was straightforward and easy to deal with, no issues with scheduling or otherwise.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I replied to an email and went in to interview within the same week. The interview was less than 15 min., it was for an internship position.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Questions were fairly straightforward. Asked about my work history and why I wanted to work there. Very friendly in person, but then they decided to not fill the position. The in-person interview was over 2 hours long and mostly they talked about the department and the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Applied on PittSource for CS/UTA/PEER TUTOR, then got invited to an interview in person. The interview was not technical. They required letters of recommendations from faculty and good grades (A- or better).

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral Interview Questions: Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Sent resume via email and heard back within 2 weeks. 1:1 interview with professor who entirely focused on personality and behavioral fit for the position. Relaxed in-person interview walking through my resume and got an acceptance notification a few days after

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student providing flattering remarks to influence their grade?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Submission of a job application and provision of references. There was no sit-down interview; rather, I received a receipt of the submission of my application and a few months later I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position. I was not able to designate which times I would be available to lead recitations, but I was invited to select my own office hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you still want this job? You must be willing to work at these times:   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.