University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

2.5

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Lasted a little over an hour. The entire department was present for the interview (very small department). Everyone was very personable and laid back. Overall it was a very positive experience. They said it may be 2 weeks before they make a decision, however.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and how would you go about improving them?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email with some dates available for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed with the manager and supervisor separately. Typical job interview.... tell me about youself....

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Over an hour long and very hard questions. The length of the interview also made it exhausting. There were 3 interviewers, one of which walked in looking irritated right off the bat.

Youth Quality Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Mechanicsburg, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed a month after applying to the position. It was a panel interview and each panelist was polite. They made me feel comfortable and asked plenty of questions. Some of the questions were easy, while others were a bit difficult.

Interview Questions

• The interview focused on my experience as a Foster Child/teen as the position was at the Child Welfare Resource Center.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Good and they will ask you the question about resume. also there are some algorithm and machine learning problems. you need to think and answer it immediately. So, do more prepare and you need to really know what you list on the resume, if you are not good enough in that skill, don't list it!

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted within 2 days of online application for interview with lab PI and team. Interviewed the following week and met a variety of potential colleagues, received tour of facilities, treated to lunch, and met with PI to discuss position and qualifications. Interview was very pleasant and personable until HR got involved. HR rep gave verbal offer (Pitt refuses to provide written offers which is RIDICULOUS) which was ~10% low given my experience. I counter-offered with a 10% increase and the HR rep balked and said they do not negotiate. I thanked them for their time and let them know I would pursue another opportunity. HR rep just hung up. Absurd! I suppose PhD and upper management are the only ones who are allowed to negotiate their pay. This reeked of unprofessionalism. I have always negotiated pay at other academic institutions and have never encountered such hostility as a prospective employee with an offer in-hand. Steer clear of Pitt.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my educational background, experience in the field and reasons I felt I would be fit for this role regarding the current study.
    I was then given details about the study and the tasks I would be responsible for while the study was conducted.

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Confusing, not communicated well, and it took FOREVER to get an offer. I ended up taking another position since it took HR so long to make an offer after being told an offer would be made. Left me with a bad feeling.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Nice environment, the research supervisor described requirements and duties for this position, gave me a tour around facility, introduced to research group, asked questions about my interests, schools,previous jobs, why decided to apply for this position and which classes from my degree would be relevant and/or helpful for this research project , what I considered as my strong sides, shortly introduced me benefits and discussed my ability and flexibility to work on different research sites.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about oral bacterial flora( research was about connection of oral health and development of heart disease)   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people in the department. They all basically just asked about what was on my resume then asked when I would be able to start. Very low stress.

Interview Questions

• When would you use Excel and when would you use Access?   1 Answer