University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Good and they will ask you the question about resume. also there are some algorithm and machine learning problems. you need to think and answer it immediately. So, do more prepare and you need to really know what you list on the resume, if you are not good enough in that skill, don't list it!

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my educational background, experience in the field and reasons I felt I would be fit for this role regarding the current study.
    I was then given details about the study and the tasks I would be responsible for while the study was conducted.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Nice environment, the research supervisor described requirements and duties for this position, gave me a tour around facility, introduced to research group, asked questions about my interests, schools,previous jobs, why decided to apply for this position and which classes from my degree would be relevant and/or helpful for this research project , what I considered as my strong sides, shortly introduced me benefits and discussed my ability and flexibility to work on different research sites.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about oral bacterial flora( research was about connection of oral health and development of heart disease)   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people in the department. They all basically just asked about what was on my resume then asked when I would be able to start. Very low stress.

Interview Questions

• When would you use Excel and when would you use Access?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online, and the next step in the process was a skype interview. The in person interview was scheduled two months after the initial application. This required a design project that was to be completed and presented to four interviewers over the course of two hours. The project required a personal spin on a product they already had (advertising items for campus stores). The questions were all pretty standard and read from packets. The day before my interview, after I turned in the design project for review, the department receptionist emailed me saying they were unsure of where the department was in the process. This was a mistake that shook me up quite a bit, especially since I put quite some work into my presentation. I was then informed that email was for someone else.

A month after the interview, I reached out again to see where the process was. I was given such a vague answer and told to reach out to the personnel coordinator, who had a similar response. I received a letter of regret three months after the original job posting. When I reached out for direct feedback, the only response was that the department was going in a different direction. I again rephrased my question for direct feedback regarding the project, but the personnel coordinator did not respond or help me contact the correct person. A concern I have is that the university will use my designs for their benefit without my knowledge (this has happened to me before with interview based projects).

Career Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

30 minute phone interview and then 3-hour on-campus interview with a 15 minute presentation plus a Skype call with the Director. The phone interview had two people on the call and the 3-hour presentation had 1 hour with three or four people and the other hour with leadership team folks (three other people) and a final Skype call with the Director

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral in nature. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Questions were fairly straightforward. Asked about my work history and why I wanted to work there. Very friendly in person, but then they decided to not fill the position. The in-person interview was over 2 hours long and mostly they talked about the department and the position.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. Asked very basic questions. Discussed about the role and our chance meeting several years ago in Canada. I thought everything went smooth when they asked to email my references. They asked me to contact them if I dont hear back from them in 2 weeks. Its been 4 months and despite several attempts they kept repeating still under review and eventually the job posting was canceled.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and was offered an interview about 1-2 weeks after my application. The two interviewers asked about my previous job experience, my familiarity with website design, social media, and graphic design. They also asked some standard behavioral interview questions. I was told that I would receive a response the following week, but I didn't hear anything from either interviewer. I emailed both of the interviewers two weeks after to ask about the status of the position. I didn't get a response, so I tried again one week later. No response once again, at which point I didn't bother to get in contact with them again. More than two months after my interview, I received an automated rejection over email. I didn't mind the rejection, but I thought it was rude of the interviewers to ignore all communication. Sometimes it's nice to know what's going on and not be in the dark for three months.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

We talked about 15 minutes. the director was very nice, easy-going, energetic and concerned. it's a casual interview. We just had the interview in a casually selected office which was quiet.