University of Portland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.6

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Portland (Portland, OR).

Interview

Catholics need not apply? That's the baffling feeling I took away from this experience. I was asked, "Why University of Portland?" regarding my interest during the interview, I then proceeded to share that as a Catholic I'm drawn to the College's mission. With my response I was told by those interviewing me that they personally were not Catholic and that "about 50 percent of employees are not Catholic." Awkward. Things felt rushed and uncomfortable after this. The questions were pretty standard interview questions concluding with a quick tour. The process took approximately 25 minutes. Weeks later I received a phone call, leaving a message to call back. I returned the call to be informed I wasn't selected for the position but was told my resume was impressive. Awkward. I had applied for another position there, same department, but HR rejected me for that with an email with no interview. I don't understand why the experience was so uncomfortable. Needless to say I will never apply for another position there again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for the University of Portland.   1 Answer

Circulation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Portland (Portland, OR).

Interview

45 min interview with two people. Questions were pretty straight forward about library circ. This was all followeday with a tour of the library and work areas. Nothing too hard at all.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience in a library?   1 Answer

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Portland (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and scheduled an interview for the next day. It lasted 30 minutes, and they asked me very generic customer service questions, along with questions about my past experience and how it relates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you experienced great customer service.   1 Answer

Residential Computer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Portland (Portland, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was a 1:2 panel format for around 45 minutes. Interviewers were friendly and responsive and took lots of notes during the process. Most of the questions were focused on how well you as the interviewee would fit into the culture on campus. Other areas of focus related to team dynamics and leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Portland in July 2009.

Interview

I met with the chair of the department.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. The interview was very casual. The chair was/is a very personable man.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a flat contract. No negotiation.