University of Rhode Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Rhode Island Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.2

Senior Word Processing Typist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted two days later by email to come in for an interview two days after that. I met with manager for a certain dept. and her asst. I already knew it was a bogus formality interview and she really wasn't interviewing me for the job. She knows a former co-worker who drove me to quit my last job because she was a nightmare to work with. So the manager was trying to provoke me into saying negative things and insulting me. It was obvious because of how sarcastic she became half-way through the interview, even to the point of insulting my intelligence. She was pretty much being a witch.

When I asked why the person who presently holds the job is leaving, she got defensive and her tone became rude. She said she needed to change her hours because she has kids and the new position was a higher salary so she had a good reason to vacate. Hmm, based on the 10 minute interaction I had with this manager, I highly doubt that's really why she's leaving. After putting me through the ringer and insults, she suddenly says she thinks I will be bored with the job and I'll probably get tired of it so that was a concern for her. At no time did I say anything to warrant that statement and I told her I didn't feel that would be the case at all. Then she asked, even though I've been out of work for some time, if I got the job, did I need to give anyone notice - like say my husband, if I needed to check with him. Gee, maybe if I was from her generation, you know, where Fred Flintstone resides.

I was told by the manager she and her asst. would make a decision by the next day because she was going on vacation for two weeks. I'm sure I will get a thanks, but no thanks email. Trust me, I'd rather be unemployed than work for that nut job.

Interview Questions

• Many of the standard questions you get in an interview.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Narragansett, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an informal interview. There was a panel. They asked about my experience my knowledge with customer service, event planning, scheduling, computer experience. What was the largest event I ever had.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

All I had to do was to get in touch with the professor with whom I wanted to work to let him know. I then applied for funding from our college and got it. Which made it easy for my professor to take me, since he didn't have to pay me himself.

Interview Questions

• It was very casual. He simply asked me what I was interested in among the projects he had available, and I chose to work one based on my skills.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingston Beach, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (North Kingston Beach, RI) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very simple. Just had to submit resume, and then answer some questions. Not super intense interview just asked about past experience. The interviewer was friendly and the position was not very competitive.

Writer, College of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was conducted by phone, with three search commit embers on the line. The second interview, which I have been notified that I "made the final cut" will be held in person.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview had 14 questions to answer in 30 minutes. They were broad ranging, asking about both technical knowledge and personal perspective.   1 Answer

Upper Level Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

The job was already filled, the position was only advertised to comply with federal regulations. The search committee was a joke. They asked very few questions. One of the committee members let me know that there was an internal candidate and that the search was a formality.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an all-day interview. I met with two main professors for my master's program. I also interviewed for one GA position. (Others got more than one interview invitation for a GA position). I also had a dinner with the professors and other applications and a dinner with current master's students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island in December 2014.

Interview

My phone interview consisted of approximately 30 minutes conversation with five members of the hiring search committee. Each member asked me questions about myself, my teaching experience, philosophy and style as well about my research plan and my five years research plan. At the end of the interview they allowed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your teaching philosophy and style   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (South Kingstown, RI) in April 2014.

Interview

The position was posted on the public job board at the university where I registered and submitted my application. A couple of weeks after the application deadline I was asked to attend two panel interviews. These were scheduled to be held on campus on two consecutive days. Each interview took 1-2 hours and had 2-3 panel members including the PI.

Interview Questions

• "Describe the previous projects you worked on in this area of research."   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Providence, RI) in March 2014.

Interview

it was friendly and they asked questions related to work and my experience. All of them had print out questions from which they asked. I found that little funny as it happened to me first time but as they told me later university required it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were done , they had fixed salary at that level. Even though my title is higher my salary is based on university grading which is not good.