University of Rhode Island Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Rhode Island

2.2

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Providence, RI) in March 2014.

Interview

it was friendly and they asked questions related to work and my experience. All of them had print out questions from which they asked. I found that little funny as it happened to me first time but as they told me later university required it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were done , they had fixed salary at that level. Even though my title is higher my salary is based on university grading which is not good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island.

Interview

Was able to get internship through connections and also being a student at URI. Was not that hard since I did attend the school already. Did get offered the internship.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Providence, RI) in January 2014.

Interview

It was rather easy. Just asked questions about myself. Why am I pursuing engineering, and what do I wish to do with it. I found out I got the job right after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Why am I pursuing engineering, and what do I wish to do with it.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

All I had to do was to get in touch with the professor with whom I wanted to work to let him know. I then applied for funding from our college and got it. Which made it easy for my professor to take me, since he didn't have to pay me himself.

Interview Questions

• It was very casual. He simply asked me what I was interested in among the projects he had available, and I chose to work one based on my skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI).

Interview

Search Committee process. Conducted telephone interview first,then was scheduled for follow-up interview on site.

Negotiation

Salary was set and could not be negotiated.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in January 2014.

Interview

was a student in the program looking for free money, as a Theatre major I thought it was great to be able to teach students from other majors what goes into the workings for professional theatre and entertainment

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to teach students?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an all-day interview. I met with two main professors for my master's program. I also interviewed for one GA position. (Others got more than one interview invitation for a GA position). I also had a dinner with the professors and other applications and a dinner with current master's students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island in December 2014.

Interview

My phone interview consisted of approximately 30 minutes conversation with five members of the hiring search committee. Each member asked me questions about myself, my teaching experience, philosophy and style as well about my research plan and my five years research plan. At the end of the interview they allowed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your teaching philosophy and style   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Narragansett, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an informal interview. There was a panel. They asked about my experience my knowledge with customer service, event planning, scheduling, computer experience. What was the largest event I ever had.

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI) in August 2017.

Interview

Enter room with other candidates, work with another person to identify what is wrong with computers that have specific problems, such as disconnected HDD. All candidates were given offers and all accepted. Interview was done by current student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this computer that has this error?   1 Answer