University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.4

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about a first round video interview. After the first round I had a final round video interview with the head PI. The first round included three individuals interviewing me. The final was a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working in groups.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • What are three things about you that we couldn't get from your resume?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide two writing samples, a powerpoint sample, and 3 professional references.   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Pretty simple had a one-on-one interview first gave the sort of elevator speech then I was able to get a more formal interview the following day. we emailed back and forth and I applied for the position from their website and we discussed my hourly wage and start time and time things of that nature

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe and IP address to your grandmother how would you do that?   1 Answer

Manager, Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Good interview although the hiring administrator only spent about 15 minutes with me and was running late. Then two other staff were brought in. Seemed to be hurried and then due to the administrator running late, the next meeting participants were knocking on the conference room door. I guess that I may have been too relaxed as they did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What behavior to find it most difficult to manage?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was really straight forward and comfortable. The Medical Center was open a new center and had an opening for a IT Technician. This was an opportunity to have someone pioneer the position roles and tasks. They appreciated my flexibility and skill sets.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Story Line?   1 Answer

Health Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was stiff and I felt unwelcomed to ask questions about the position. I prefer to understand a position from a wide lens and when I asked questions to understand the interviewer was noticeably annoyed and appeared offended.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you dealt with a difficult issue in the work place?   Answer Question

Analyst/Programmer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

1) E-mail was sent regarding job application. Asked to come in for interview within 1 week from e-mail.
    2) During interview process, met with group of people the trainee will be working: 2 lead HIM (Health Information Management Department ) Data Integrity Analysts with Data Integrity Director as the main manager giving the interview.
    3) HRMS displays different information under Careers tab for analyst/programmer trainee position than is presented for the actual position since HR has a generic position summary for it. This might to be the case for all jobs within the University of Rochester.
    4) Director of department gives you an overview of the position and what it entails. Then proceeds to ask the applicant about their resume or more so "Tell me about your work experiences".

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness working in a group setting?
      How easily do you adapt to changing environments and settings?
      How you go about producing accurate results?
      1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First you have to fill out application online. Then you have to interview with a nurse recruiter. Then finally with a nurse manager to the unit they need to assign you.

Interview Questions

• why do you work in nursing?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Asked situational questions. Asked why looking for another job. What experiences I have. Where you see yourself in a certain number of years. I met with two senior coordinators at the same time after communicating through email to set the interview up.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle or prioritize helping your PI vs helping a subject.   Answer Question

Office Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview is pretty much straight forward. You meet with the person who put up the job position. She would tell you the break down of the job. Then ask you a couple of follow up questions. Are you good under pressure? What is your schedule (if you are a student) like? Then you will shadow the past worker to see if the amount of work is doable. Once you've had bout an hour of shadowing, you will come back to the office and the interviewer will ask you questions. Be sure to ask questions when on the hour shadow time because the person who you are shadowing will deliberate on how you did, and whether you asked questions for clarification or not.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to manage multiple things at once?   Answer Question

Staff Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Was fast and very smooth. HR recruiter and manager were knowledgable, freindly, and gave a lot of information about the orgaization, the mission and culture, and specific functions and duties I would be expected to perform. The hiring process probably would have been quicker, but it occured over the holidays

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with another staff member, how I would handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, as I felt their offer was more than adeqaute given my education and experience