University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with the person who would be my supervisor along with two other people from the group. The overall process was them asking me how I would solve different technical problems, my experiences with different programming languages, and how familiar I was with different file formats.

In typical University of Rochester fashion, it took months from application to getting an interview. It has been several more months since the interview and they still have not made a decision on whether or not to hire me.

If this is any indication of how long anything takes to get done at U of R I will probably decline the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• How would you replace all occurrences of a string in a large text document?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I applied online in January and got a reply to schedule an interview the next day for the following week. Second interview was after 2 weeks. I was supprised to get to the final level because I had applied to four department with the same tittle and never gead anything back.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Both interal and external applicants have the opportunity to shadow in their area of interest. This typically lasts four hours. This employer offers great benefits. Opportunities for growth and education are unparalled. Nurse manager very approachable and involved in unit daily activities.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you were able to turn a bad event into a good outcome   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about a first round video interview. After the first round I had a final round video interview with the head PI. The first round included three individuals interviewing me. The final was a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working in groups.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • What are three things about you that we couldn't get from your resume?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide two writing samples, a powerpoint sample, and 3 professional references.   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Pretty simple had a one-on-one interview first gave the sort of elevator speech then I was able to get a more formal interview the following day. we emailed back and forth and I applied for the position from their website and we discussed my hourly wage and start time and time things of that nature

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe and IP address to your grandmother how would you do that?   1 Answer

Manager, Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Good interview although the hiring administrator only spent about 15 minutes with me and was running late. Then two other staff were brought in. Seemed to be hurried and then due to the administrator running late, the next meeting participants were knocking on the conference room door. I guess that I may have been too relaxed as they did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What behavior to find it most difficult to manage?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The company brings you in to a panel of the pharmacy technician supervisors and they go over your experience. Then they take you on a tour of the pharmacy to show you what you would be learning within the pharmacy to gauge your response on if you are overwhelmed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for the University of Rochester?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was really straight forward and comfortable. The Medical Center was open a new center and had an opening for a IT Technician. This was an opportunity to have someone pioneer the position roles and tasks. They appreciated my flexibility and skill sets.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Story Line?   1 Answer

Health Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was stiff and I felt unwelcomed to ask questions about the position. I prefer to understand a position from a wide lens and when I asked questions to understand the interviewer was noticeably annoyed and appeared offended.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you dealt with a difficult issue in the work place?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two people and had a phone screening. It was pretty quick. I met with the hiring manager first and also with a Director that I would be working very closely with. The process took about a month in total.