University of Rochester Interview Questions in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

Workshop Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

This was a group interview with 2 students that were prior workshop leaders and one of the people present was an employee. The interview was hosted by the past workshop leaders and consisted of the possible scenario that a workshop leader could face.

Licensed Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY).

Interview

We toured the facility and the Asst Supervisor explained about the animal rooms and Standard Operating Procedures to enter and leave them. Then I had the interview. It was fairly informal. It was with the facility supervisor in his office. There were general questions regarding my experience and my understanding of what the job entailed. Why I was leaving my previous employer. What my long term goals were.

Interview Questions

• If I understood what would be expected of me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to it.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy talk, just proves you have related experience. Then introduce your future role and function. Should be easy for a student part time job. Even an undergrad can do that if you are motivated and be patient.

Interview Questions

• What your projects experience?   1 Answer

Manager of Financial Systems Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was via phone. The next steps involved 30 minutes each with 3 separate department managers. Each manager asked questions regarding their department's interaction and expectations of the position. They all were very thorough in explaining the previous challenges of the position from their perspective.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Two week waiting process. Not many online options for job search and job hunting. No contacts information listed when trying to apply. Good phone etiquette . Long parking wait .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Pre College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview in Wallis Hall. Everyone was asked general questions and expected to respond. Interviewed by admission staff. Some people got chosen. I don't know what they were looking for. Not everyone answered all the questions-as it just became awkward when most people repeated others.

Service Assistant At Hillel Chapel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The application process was completed online. After a period just under a week, I received an email to confirm possible interview times. less than a week later, I was asked to meet at the chapel and I was walked through the job I would potentially be receiving. After the brief explanation and a tour of the chapel, I was informed that I i was selected I would be receiving an email in several days time. I did not receive such an email.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be willing to commit to the job for several years.   1 Answer

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. The first interview took place with the HR department, which covered my basic qualifications. The second interview was with the department head, who talked to me about the job and my previous experience. Overall the interview took place in one day and the process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience help you in the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I felt very comfortable and at ease. They welcomed any questions I may have had. It took two interviews and a long wait from HR before I was hired. It was two interviews in front of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to work in that department   1 Answer

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview which was about 10 min and after that I got an email to set up a one on one which lasted about 30 min in total. Had to pay to park which seemed a little unprofessional but I have seen worse. I wore a suit and tie and still did not get the job. The interviewer seemed to want to be some other place and a little disinterested in me being there

Interview Questions

• Basic questions how long have you done this what can you bring to the dept   1 Answer