University of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of San Francisco

2.1

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with the two people I would eventually be working for. We had more of a casual conversation more than anything else. They looked at my previous projects and had those to reference during my interview, which was nice. There weren't many stereotypical interview questions, I think they just wanted to see if I was someone they could work with.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule like?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of San Francisco in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired after a very basic interview with the head of the department. He had a great deal of freedom in hiring and because we already knew each other, there was really little question of whether I would be hired or not. The interview mainly consisted of going over my graduate school experience and the focus of my grad school work. Then there were questions about how comfortable I was teaching the basic classes that would be available to me.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were about dealing with difficult students and pedagogy.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met my supervisor at a local volunteer organization (we were both volunteers). She found out I had a masters, and that was it. There wasn't really an interview per se (though she did speak with someone I had worked under as an intern).

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It started off as a quick email to check my schedule because first priority is my availability.
    Afterwards was a phone screen. The questions revolved around how dedicated and committed I was, how much I care about helping others and what I was able to offer to help change and improve the class in a beneficial manner. There were some questions about how I felt about the class when I took and how I would have improved it through various fronts.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the table that will help you in this position?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person. It was the usual behavioral questions followed by technical ones. The interviewer was friendly and engaging. The questions were fair. The interview style was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Guy who worked there before and was about to leave introduced me to the chair of Admission office. Also I worked as a Volunteer - Graduate Student Ambassador so they already knew me.
    It was only one interview on campus, friendly talk, we shake hands and start document process.

Gym Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of San Francisco in January 2009.

Interview

They take you in for a one on one interview, and ask you the typical interview questions. Why do you think you are qualified for this position? What past jobs/education have you had that prepared you for this position? Very laid back and easy going interview, took one session and got hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• What jobs/education qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of San Francisco in January 2014.

Interview

Appllied online. Heard back over 2 months later to arrange initial 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager, who seemed very pleasant and friendly in emails. On phone interview, she did a lot of the talking and her questions seemed to be read off a template list. She didn't seem to be listening well my amswers, as she often would follow up to a respons asking the same exact thing I just discussed in detial with examples (not sure if that was intentional to throw me off, but it didn't seem very professional, specially since her background was in Career Consulting). So I didnt feel the first interview went great, but I felt I handled myself well and was articulate. But I didnt think I would move forward in the interview process, instead I was asked to come in for what was intended to be a 1/2 hour interview meeting with each staff member individually...The interview started with a tour of the department (nice touch, which put me at ease)...then all my interviews lasted an hour each (so 3 hours total) and included me showing them my professional portfolio (in which they seemed quite impressed), some interesting scenarios and also a sense of humor. I got a good feeling from all of them, but again didn't feel the hiring manager was a great listener. But overall, it went well and they told me about next steps to meet upper management, so I thought I would hear from them soon. I immediately followed up with each staff member individually with very thoughtfull thank you emails detailing our discussions, to which not even one of them replied...I found this awkward and off-putting considering what seemed to be a strong interview, to not even send a quick reply...I know university hiring processes can be slow, so I waited 3 weeks after not hearing back to confirm my interest, let them know I had another potential offer and needed to respond within a week and politely asked for a status update...a week later and still nothing. I just find it very unprofessional, not in standing with the university's mission and misleading, specially when you are working in Student Services where you need to be responsive and are not allowed to just ignore emails...but it's better to see what kind of people you're dealing with before hand and realize that first impressions are not always sincere.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide an international student to package him/herself against US students applying for the same positions?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Asked questions and they took notes as I was answering them. There were two interviewers, and we were sitting on a table in a quiet room. The interview was about 30 minutes.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Student Assistant for ITS, Just asked some common questions

Interview Questions

• what will you do when you have different opinions with your manager   Answer Question