University of San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.2

LWC Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in office. Asked me a bunch of questions pertaining to tutoring situations and how I would deal with them. Got a job offer a few days later, but then got REVOKED for reasons unspecified!!!! Unbelievable! Do not hire students first then turn back on the job offer without even putting them on the spot!!!

Interview Questions

• What types of teaching styles are you comfortable with?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

Really wonderful experience interviewing with the school. There were two rounds, met with different panels of administrators and students. They were very thorough with their questions, thoughtful in hire, and was a really good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was one life experience that changed your way of thinking?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of San Francisco.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and she asked me about why I applied for this job and what made a good fit. She was friendly and it was short.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? What do you do in a disagreement with a coworker?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was a support role so interview process was straight forward without any questions meant to trip you up. I met with about 5 people in a group panel setting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult professional situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Program Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruited by external employment agency HR Options for initial interview then phone interview with hiring manager, initially hired as a temp then asked to interview for full-time position with group panel. Basic university admin role questions, first interview with Administrative Director (Hiring Manager) then with panel including the faculty that admin roles support.

Interview Questions

• The usual university admin questions - about experience supporting faculty, student services and university policies, etc. Discussed computer proficiencies, time management skills, attention to detail, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $5,000 over minimum starting salary range for OPE union range (I have 10+ years experience). Tried to negotiate for higher rate and additional vacation days, was given 3 extra vacation days.

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Guy who worked there before and was about to leave introduced me to the chair of Admission office. Also I worked as a Volunteer - Graduate Student Ambassador so they already knew me.
    It was only one interview on campus, friendly talk, we shake hands and start document process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Casual but professional. This may be due to the fact that it was a posting for internal candidates only. The whole process was fairly smooth. The initial email contact by the program assistant was not received so that delayed the process just a little bit. Overall, it was a straight forward interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of San Francisco.

Interview

The application process was simple. It is on the Residence Life website; just be wary of deadlines. Beyond that, you were scheduled an interview with one of the Residence Life managers and he/she asks pretty basic questions such as: 1. How would you handle a conflict with a resident 2. How would you respond to someone who has a question that you do not know how to answer 3. Name a time you worked well with others 4. What would you do in an emergency, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is a set salary. However, you do get to pick in a lottery-type system your schedule/shifts.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with the two people I would eventually be working for. We had more of a casual conversation more than anything else. They looked at my previous projects and had those to reference during my interview, which was nice. There weren't many stereotypical interview questions, I think they just wanted to see if I was someone they could work with.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule like?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth, the person who interviewed me over the phone was knowledgeable not only about the data construction but also the management an analysis, which was surprising for the first conversation. When I met in person with the manager (future manager) the questions were more applied and touch on personality/work style points.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my skills constructing and managing datasets   1 Answer