University of Scranton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Scranton Interview Questions

2.4

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Scranton (Scranton, PA).

Interview

Quick process of going into the office and answering a few questions. Very informal and easy. Don't need to prepare very much. Bring resume and some work from the subject you wish to tutor

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Scranton (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with some people and discussed day to day duties and what had interested me in the job. They asked if I was physically capable of handling some of the work load.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in applying here.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview was simple and direct. Based solely off of my resume and experiences that prepared me for this role. They also inquired about my future goals and how this would support those

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Scranton (Scranton, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

To be a Research Assistant, you have to be a student first. Then all you have to do is talk to the professor. Each professor has different area. Some of them have grants, which means there is a chance you can get paid.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Director of Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Scranton (Scranton, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

They brough four individuals, of whom they described as being exceptional candidates, in to inverview for the position. However, they offered none of them the position, and said that they had to re-evaluate the position. How does a supposedly intelligent group of people not fully evaluate the position before even posting it -- let alone bringing four "exceptional candidates" in for an eight hour interview? I'd suggest that it's poor leadership and knowledge.

Funny, as the position has been reposted, and looks the same as it did before. I'd suggest that they brought them in to poach ideas, and they need more ideas so they opened it up to a new round of "exceptional candidates." This is catfishing at it's best.

I'd be very wary about this position, this organization and particulary their leadership.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Scranton (Scranton, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

They have an online system for applying. Now that I'm on the inside, I see that you really need to fill these forms out correctly. It isn't some automated process, it is the hiring manager reading word for word what you input. Be careful with the application website.

The on site interviews were long. I met for one on one for an hour with 3 of my peers, an hour with my boss and an hour with my bosses boss.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. They were pretty standard. I would say University of Scranton lacks a certain level of professionalism when it comes to interview knowledge and skills.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Scranton in February 2010.

Interview

Very well organized...described job duties and benefits well.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Scranton in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and welcoming. She asked about my resume and personality questions. Asked about public and private accounting which was my first experience with this type of information question.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal definition of public and private accounting?   1 Answer