University of South Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of South Alabama Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.4

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of South Alabama.

Interview

Standard three employee interview where they sat around the table and asked the person questions. The interview wasn't bad. Not something that you can really review for. The type of interview where you should know the answers to the questions. Basically, common sense.

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Interviewed first by Human resources, Then by the Chief of USA police Dept. The Chief reviewed my training records and reviewed my past as well as the first interview and if I met Alabama APOST standards.

Interview Questions

• Training, years of experience , certifications, why you left your last Department.   1 Answer

Degree Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Interview consisted of the Admissions director, and assistant director. We spoke in her office, very casual. They asked several questions about my previous work background. Since I worked for several colleges, and universities before I already had a bit of insight of what to expect. The interview process has since changed, and is now performed by a committee, whom later gets together and discusses candidates.

Interview Questions

• I always find it difficult when they ask me, where I will be in five years?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

They called me in, asked about my experience and how I can be an asset to the student center. After I answered the question they offered me the job. The entire process was pretty easy.

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I filled out an online application. Then I got a phone call from HR, and they asked me to come in for an interview. At the meeting with HR, they explained the benefits and went over my online application. They didn't really ask me any questions. Then if they think you qualify, they forward you application to the department (they did with me). Then the department called me for an interview.
    I interviewed with the director, who would have been my supervisor, and then with the VP.
    After I interviewed with the department people, they took about 2 weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How does this position relate to your studies?
      Why do you want this job?
      Why the University of South Alabama?
      Answer Question

Web Design Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at University of South Alabama.

Interview

The hiring process took about a year because the university went on a hiring freeze immediately after my first interview. The interview was not challenging, mostly me talking about my experience. Intially interviewed with HR and then passed to the department hiring.

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were behavioral so look at behavioral interview questions and be able to sell yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate your salary--- do not accept the first offer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

It was fairly simple and did not require a lot of work. I enjoyed my time there and my interviewer was a nice person. It was also completely straightforward and simple.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

There wasn't an actual interview process. This was just a position to help a professor to finish up certain projects that needed to be completed. My interview was basically another student explaining to the professor that I wanted to help assist with any work that they needed assistance with.

Interview Questions

• How many hours would you be willing to work?   1 Answer

Secretary IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of South Alabama.

Interview

Typing test and interview with human resources following by referral to department for interview with immediate supervisor.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was new to the university system and had 15 years secretarial experience yet I was only offered the bottom line salary range which was $10,000 below local industry standard for the same position. However, upon weighing the need for health insurance and other benefits, I accepted the offer.

Assistant Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Alabama in July 2013.

Interview

Just applied online and got a call from the head coach. He asked me some pretty straight forward process. I had little experience but he just wanted to know that I was a reliable hard working person. Made sure I could handle the workload and let me know coaching is more than justbeing out there with the athletes.

Interview Questions

• How are you on the operations side of things?   1 Answer