University of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of South Carolina Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview

I received a phone call to set up an interview within 2 weeks of applying. The interview was relaxed. The interviewer did not have a paper with set questions. An internal candidate was selected and due to the the blaise interview I now wonder if they were just going through the motions.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Interview

The Center for Disability Resources has offered more opportunities for me as a student and employee than I ever imagined. I will be forever thankful for my time at CDR and the many learning opportunities.

Resident Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview

A low-stress group interview on the first day and then a two-on-one interview. There will be a professional staff member and a current Resident Mentor asking questions. Length of wait time between the actual interview and hearing back varies: usually 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a team member and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simply about whether I had the educational background and experience. Not much more than that. An assistant in the program contacted me by email, following up online with offer and schedule if I wanted to take.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a M.A. or higher?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview

I applied online for the PhD admission. At the same time, i contacted few professors via email expressing interest in the research projects they were working on. I got a reply from one professor, and after exchanging few e-mails he asked me if I am available for Skype interview. We set a date for the interview and the interview was for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my academic background and previous projects etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Carolina.

Interview

It went pretty smooth. Nothing very technical. They asked why some of my grades were not very good and they were convinced by my answers. They asked me if I could start in 4 months and I could not. So they accepted to defer the offer to the much later time.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

Have to take related courses and demonstrate sufficient understanding of the relevant material. Then there is check of knowledge on the basis of 1:1 interview. Keen interest in the subject is also considered.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with programming languages and which?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

Interview

Upon applying online, my application was selected for an in person interview. I met with several people, but my interview was specifically with who would be, my director. I was asked about my experience in public health, in general. I was asked about my ability to coordinate and execute public health programs, collect and analyze data, presentation and writing skills, and what my expectations were for a postdoc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with publications in peer reviewed journals.   1 Answer

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Round table meeting style with the standard office interview questions. Expect to give examples of how you dealt with situations such as rude students, overwhelming work situations, and how you would handle ethical issues.

Interview Questions

• If an irrate student came into the office what would you do?   1 Answer

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a different position than I am currently at but my resume was passed along so I was asked to come in for an interview. Very easy offered me the position on the spot.