University of South Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of South Florida Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.6

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida.

Interview

Group interview then individual interview. They had us do an interesting group activity. Then I did and interview with 2 different groups of people. Very relaxed and friendly environment. My individual interview was also relaxed. They just want t get to know you.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida.

Interview

I met with the program director for the interview. Everyone was friendly, and questions were directly related to my qualifications for the job, my knowledge of the department, and my fit with their values.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you have faced before, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Florida (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an interview for a behavioral health internship. It was a simple interview to get to know you. They were interested in making sure that you were the right fit for the internship, that you were applying for.

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Leadership skills were asked. Explain experiences with other students. Have you ever tutored other students? very comfortable setting, did not feel nervous a all. The hiring person is very friendly.

Tutor Interview

Interview

NOTHING FANCY. As long as you can do your job well and shows that you have the ability to be a tutor, you are fine. First you get email ask about you available time and meet with boss.

Clinical Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of South Florida.

Interview

Very brief interview with the clinical coordinator and the primary investigator that would be involved. There were a few other people coordinating the details of the interview. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and everyone was very friendly at the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a while to hear back after giving my information but once it happened it happened The interview was short and to the point. As a scientist something I enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my science background and what technologies i was fmailiar with   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring Manager conducted a 30 minute phone screen. Interview was an hour with 3 members of the unit. Overall, I was unimpressed with the entire on boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at previous academic institutions.   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Research Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with the Associate Director, which took about 30 minutes. Questions were straight forward, and all of them were related to the job/position. A week later I was contacted for an in-person interview. First I met with the Director of the Department, then I met with the Associate Director and one of the Research Administrators. The whole process took about 3 hours. The questions again were job-specific, but this time there were some personality related questions, such as: "How would you tell another research professional that the quality of their work is poor without offending them?" and "How would you feel about giving a presentation to a group of 20-50 people?" After my interview, they informed me that they had a few more candidates to interview but a decision would be made in about one week, and they said they would let me know once the final decision was made. I wrote my thank you letters to each interviewer, where I reiterated my interest in the position and again mentioned that my background and experience aligned with the position requirements. Weeks went by and I never received a response, not even an automated e-mail with the oh-so-generic "Thank you for your interest, but at this time we have decided to...(we all know how that goes)." I was particularly disappointed because the interview process was very time consuming, so a generic e-mail would have been the professional thing to do on their part.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you encountered conflict with an investigator and how you handled it.   Answer Question

WUSF Membership Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of South Florida.

Interview

Applied online through the system and approximately a month or so later I was contacted to come in for an interview. After describing my time working in Development and strategies used to enhance the membership program at prior employers, I was then introduced to every member of the department. This turned into a series of interviews with every person who worked in the department. The entire process went extremely well, and ended with the director saying, "I think you would be a good fit here."

Fast forward to two months later, after sending the initial thank you notes following the interview I had heard nothing back. I sent an appropriate email asking if I was still under consideration for the position and received no response. The hiring manager never responded and eventually I received a standard email from HR indicating I hadn't been chosen.

A year later after accepting a position elsewhere working in Development, I floated a resume with WUSF on the annual giving team for a new position. When I was contacted for an interview by the same director in the membership department from the previous year, I declined to respond. The negative experience I previously had with the specific director and lack of professionalism let me know that perhaps WUSF was not going to ever be a good fit.