University of South Florida Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.6

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to create two different designs for my assessment test before actually speaking to anyone and to deliver it within 3 days. After they reviewed my work, I was invited to a phone interview with 3 ladies that went well and was invited to an in person interview a week later. There I interviewed with 4 people, then with the rest of the staff. Everyone was very kind and the interview was very relaxed. A few weeks later I was given an offer, which I accepted. While doing the background check, I was told HR didn't "believe" I had the amount of years experience that I offered to prove with physical work and invoices. My offer was ultimately pulled, but after I was told to pay my university any money that I owed and show USF's HR proof ($1000) within 24-48 hours of them pulling the offer. They were all over the place and whoever I was speaking through for HR was all over the place. The staff I would've been working with were great people, the HR just handled me poorly and I wouldn't of taken another offer even if they gave me one after dealing with them (HR).

Custodial Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

They go over a series of questions from a print out. They ask questions about how you handle several situations at previous jobs.
    Do you have any experience with doing the job you've applied for. My interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience doing custodial work?   1 Answer
    • Why are you considering a position with USF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

My in-person interview was with two separate panels. The entire interview lasted a little over an hour. Short and sweet. Everyone was nice and polite. The problem was that, of the two panels, only two or three interviewers seemed engaged, judging by their eye contact and the thoughtfulness and effort put into the interview questions. Most were there because the manager said they had to be there. I could tell they'd much rather have been at their desks, doing their work. It could be that they didn't like me. Or perhaps they had already chosen their hire. Who knows. I was hoping for a more corporate/professional vibe, so I left the interview somewhat disappointed. They weren't a good fit for me, and I wasn't a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

• All very typical interview questions (with the exception of one or two questions), which made for a very boring exchange.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position and received phone call after one week to schedule a phone interview. Scheduler was very inflexible and only gave the option of one specific time on a specific day for an interview. Proceeded with phone interview where they asked basic questions like what qualifications do you have for this position and why do you want to work at USF. Interviewer did not seem engaged at all and was rattling off a list of questions one after another. Felt like a rapid fire interrogation more than an open conversation. Received a call a few days later to schedule an in-person interview but once again was only given the option of one time slot on a specific day. In-person interview lasted about an hour consisted of a panel interview with 3 professors and a separate interview with the department head and supervisor for the position. I was told I would be contacted the following week with a response of yes or no. 4 weeks later and I haven't heard any response and emails go unanswered. Very unprofessional experience. My suspicion is that I merely was an interview used to make the hiring process seem competitive when in reality they already knew who they wanted to hire for the position. It is very common in higher education for all positions to be pre-selected and interviews being held to make the process seem legitimate and legal. I was also advised by interviewer that since it is a state position there would be no opportunity for promotions or pay increases. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at USF?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have for this job?   Answer Question
    • What were your reasons for leaving your last job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your organizational/time management skills and explain how you deal with deadlines and scheduling conflicts.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question
    • From your understanding of the position as we have discussed, what would be the most difficult duty or responsibility for you to successfully accomplish?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was a Skype interview. Second, interview was in person on the USF -St. Pete Campus. The interview on campus was four hours long and included a tour with a student.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process, did not seem to move in a timely manner. Seemed very professional at first but as time went on seemed to really cut corners and round edges for the process. Gave me information about other applicants that was unnecessary. Overall, I felt like I was not a good fit for the company and decided to take a job elsewhere

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can create a budget and stick to it, while still leaving room for emergencies without breaking your budget   Answer Question

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Leadership skills were asked. Explain experiences with other students. Have you ever tutored other students? very comfortable setting, did not feel nervous a all. The hiring person is very friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a while to hear back after giving my information but once it happened it happened The interview was short and to the point. As a scientist something I enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my science background and what technologies i was fmailiar with   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring Manager conducted a 30 minute phone screen. Interview was an hour with 3 members of the unit. Overall, I was unimpressed with the entire on boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at previous academic institutions.   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Research Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of South Florida (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with the Associate Director, which took about 30 minutes. Questions were straight forward, and all of them were related to the job/position. A week later I was contacted for an in-person interview. First I met with the Director of the Department, then I met with the Associate Director and one of the Research Administrators. The whole process took about 3 hours. The questions again were job-specific, but this time there were some personality related questions, such as: "How would you tell another research professional that the quality of their work is poor without offending them?" and "How would you feel about giving a presentation to a group of 20-50 people?" After my interview, they informed me that they had a few more candidates to interview but a decision would be made in about one week, and they said they would let me know once the final decision was made. I wrote my thank you letters to each interviewer, where I reiterated my interest in the position and again mentioned that my background and experience aligned with the position requirements. Weeks went by and I never received a response, not even an automated e-mail with the oh-so-generic "Thank you for your interest, but at this time we have decided to...(we all know how that goes)." I was particularly disappointed because the interview process was very time consuming, so a generic e-mail would have been the professional thing to do on their part.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you encountered conflict with an investigator and how you handled it.   Answer Question