University of Southampton Interview Questions in Southampton, England | Glassdoor

University of Southampton Interview Questions in Southampton, England

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.1

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Panel interview including a presentation of prior research experience and a discussion regarding its content.

It was located at Southampton general hospital research wing. Tea/coffee/water was provided and a projector availabke. Adequate instruction for the interview process given in advance.

Interview Questions

• Explain the kinetic constant of affinity.   1 Answer

Accountancy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and straightly got invited to attend a face to face interview without telephone interview. A competency based interview, some hypothetical questions and some questions concerning education. A friendly atmosphere. Travel expenses were not refunded.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of prioritising your tasks.   Answer Question

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Application through old fashioned form on the website using a question and answer format about your experience using software packages, etc as well as work history, qualifications. Interview invitation received via email. Due to timing of interview during very busy period at the dept everything ran late. Interviewers mostly questioned job history, asking why I relocated 10+ years earlier etc, why I wanted to relocate now. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or difficult. Invited into the future postholders office and met the team. Spent a week following up after the date that I was told I'd receive a response by. No feedback despite provision of feedback being in their policy.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a short interview as they knew me and my work prior to the interview. They just asked me about my views on the project on offer and describe my role in the project.

Legal(Research and Innovation Services) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Position: Legal Internship for 12 months.
    Applied online, then invited to an interview via email.
    I was interviewed by three people. Interview lasted 45 minutes.
    The Head of IP and Contracts was very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable.
    However, I was very stressed because the other interviewers weren't very friendly.
    I couldn't do my best because I was very stressed.

Post Doctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

have a view of the labs, and then 35 mins questions

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Presentation and in depth interview with a panel of 5 people. Visiting the office to get to know people.Discussion of key job tasks and responsibilities. The presentation took a few hours to prepare and lots of time to research the organisation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a Skype interview from Southampton to Italy. My current supervisor asked me a lot of questions about theory of aerodynamics and turbulence. Also he asked me about the programming tools I was expert in and he asked something about my motivation about doing the PhD

Interview Questions

• What is the Kolmogorov scale?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Job advertised online. Applied to job through University of Southampton online system. Fill in online forms: provide evidence to demonstrate that you have the skills for the job. Upload a CV and cover letter. HR email invite to interview. Interview conducted by principal investigators. After interview, HR email offer.

Interview Questions

• I had to give a presentation on previous work as well as three potential research avenues I would follow if I were to join the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a Skype call very nice and informal. I was then asked to visit the Uni and they offered to cover the expenses (Hotel+Restaurant+Flight in my case). After all a very enjoyable experience and absolutely non-beaurocratic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to enrol?
      What is your experience?
      What do you want to do next
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was negotiation phase.