University of Southampton Interview Questions in Southampton, England | Glassdoor

University of Southampton Interview Questions in Southampton, England

Updated Sep 4, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

My first interview was an informal Skype call, with the PhD supervisor. I was then asked to attend a formal Interview the following week, I couldn't attend in person and was generously accommodated with a Skype interview. The interview whilst formal and rigerous, was friendly and stimulating. I was asked to give a presentation on my MSc research and then answered questions on my experience, what I could bring to the research team and specific questions on the technical details of the PhD

Interview Questions

• How would you establish robust controls for in order to assess the effectiveness of the treatment developed.   Answer Question
    • What are the potential risks associated with the use of this technology in a therapeutic capacity?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Panel interview including a presentation of prior research experience and a discussion regarding its content.

It was located at Southampton general hospital research wing. Tea/coffee/water was provided and a projector availabke. Adequate instruction for the interview process given in advance.

Interview Questions

• Explain the kinetic constant of affinity.   1 Answer

Accountancy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and straightly got invited to attend a face to face interview without telephone interview. A competency based interview, some hypothetical questions and some questions concerning education. A friendly atmosphere. Travel expenses were not refunded.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Application through old fashioned form on the website using a question and answer format about your experience using software packages, etc as well as work history, qualifications. Interview invitation received via email. Due to timing of interview during very busy period at the dept everything ran late. Interviewers mostly questioned job history, asking why I relocated 10+ years earlier etc, why I wanted to relocate now. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or difficult. Invited into the future postholders office and met the team. Spent a week following up after the date that I was told I'd receive a response by. No feedback despite provision of feedback being in their policy.

Careers Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was only 30 minutes long, conducted by panel of three people, questions asked were all relevant to the role and no surprise questions. The entire application process was quite long, from sending my application it took about 4 months to be invited to an interview. The interview panel was friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• If you got this role, how would you go about improving the offering?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply for this role?   Answer Question

Temporary Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online to temporary jobs posted by e-mail, its a matter of luck to get contacted for any temporary position. As different kinds of jobs are constanly coming out it is important to keep daily track of the opportunities.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a short interview as they knew me and my work prior to the interview. They just asked me about my views on the project on offer and describe my role in the project.

Legal(Research and Innovation Services) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Position: Legal Internship for 12 months.
    Applied online, then invited to an interview via email.
    I was interviewed by three people. Interview lasted 45 minutes.
    The Head of IP and Contracts was very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable.
    However, I was very stressed because the other interviewers weren't very friendly.
    I couldn't do my best because I was very stressed.

Post Doctoral Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

have a view of the labs, and then 35 mins questions

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Presentation and in depth interview with a panel of 5 people. Visiting the office to get to know people.Discussion of key job tasks and responsibilities. The presentation took a few hours to prepare and lots of time to research the organisation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.