University of Southern California Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern California Human Resources Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screen conducted by recruiter. The phone screen was followed by several in-person interviews, First round was with interviews with hiring manager; second round was with the manager's manager and third round was with a panel and then the director. contingent offer was extended pending successful completion of background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southern California

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers, then the HR Director. I was then asked to come back the following week to interview with the rest of the office staff, including the payroll manager, which was odd. The interview wasn't very deep or probing, but rather shallow and easy. Of a staff over over 15, all were women. There was a very odd feeling on the panel interview. I could tell that there was not any synergy or teamwork within the group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. I was told during the screening process that the salary range was open, depending on experience. When I was offered the position, I was told that the position was budgeted for 20,000 less that was I was currently making, so "what's the least you'll take?" I was forced to come down to 5K less than what I was making, then I was told they might not even approve of it, so if it wasn't, I wouldn't get the job. The worst process I have ever experienced.