University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern California Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Southern California

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The process was straightforward but because of the nature of the university power structure, took some time for final decision to be made. I first had a phone interview with the department business officer. That was followed by a phone interview with the manager of the department I was applying for. Then an in-person interview with the business officer and finally a series of interviews with the managers involved in the hiring.

Student Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The process is quite slow, it takes weeks. I think it took at least 3 weeks for me to hear back about the application itself. I first received an email about a phone screen and then after that it was a virtual interview with 3 of the other advisors. The next round was an on-campus interview. I appreciated that they were very transparent with their timeline.

Research Manager Interview

Interview

One phone interview, one online video interview (was living out of state). Was hired for a temporary project in the engineering school. Mostly research based, a lot of work with people.

Interview Questions

• Challenging team enviroments   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My friend introduced me to the research team. When I came in, I talked with the graduate researcher and sat through a research meeting. At the end I wrote my email in the sign in sheet. A week later, the lead professor tells me that he saw my email listed on the sign in sheet. I tell him I was simply a visiting student. He then told me if I wanted to join the team and to send me the resume. Suddenly I was on the research team under a famous Biomedical Engineering professor of USC.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews, two in-person interviews, and at least five verified references. The hiring process easily lasts for months. Spoke on the phone with HR manager and office manager directly above my position, in-person interviews with three managers.

Interview Questions

• What in your background makes you qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

informal interview process . was asked .net mvc questions . was asked windows forms questions . interview was for one hour . very pleasant office . two rounds of interviews . was rejected

Interview Questions

Interview

The job title and interview questions made this appear as if it was a senior level position for an experienced professional, however the salary offered at the end of the interview process was not commensurate with the level of experience that a senior professional in this field would expect.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I met a company recruiter at the career fair. Two weeks later I received an email inviting me to take a video interview. A week after I received an email to schedule a phone interview for the following week. It was a very pleasant interview. A week after the phone interview I received an offer

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

I applied online after having the position recommended to me by a former colleague. After filling out the application (CV, CL, and Position Questionnaire) I received a call to schedule a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later.

Library Assistant Interview

Interview

Short interview just for your supervisor to get to know you and see if you would work well with everyone else at the library. I think what matters the most about this is that you should appear as someone who gets along with other students since that's who you'll be working with most of the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that you overcame in your last work experience?   1 Answer