KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

University of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 426 of over 426 interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

The lab manager asked few questions (like my past experiences and how I can see myself in this job) and the responsibilities of jobs. Also asked some personal informations of research; They told the process of hiring a new person.

Interview Questions
  • Described your capabilities to do the job.
    Answer Question

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, last one being in person and a presentation. Very straightforward interview questions with some quizzing, time for questions at the end. Some rounds were one on one whereas others were with two interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult team member. What happened, what did you do, and what was the resolution?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

I was asked about my goals and what I would like to achieve. Great people and environment. I was interviewed by the director and deputy director. It was in the department's office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Panel of 4 people asking the interviewee various questions for about 45-60 minutes, where one person (the accessibility lead) asked most of the questions. Interviewers clarified questions as needed and acted professionally.

Interview Questions
  • How are you as a potential Accessibility Specialist able to foster a community of growth at USC?

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Fairly standard interview, first on the phone with the hiring manager and then roundtable with the team. Met with the head of the department as the last interview, told it was more of a formality than anything else.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Applied by reference from a professor. General software question round with emphasis on data structures and programming specifically Python programming. Knowledge of machine learning was checked along with basic questions about simple Machine Learning algorithms

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

1st Phone Screening Interview. They were very transparent about pay. Unfortunately, the pay did not meet my expectations, so I decided to not go for the 2nd interview. They were timely in all their communication with me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2022

Interview

The interview process was non-existent because the interviewer never showed up to the scheduled time and never followed up to apologize! How professional and delightful. Imagine if I never showed up to an interview I committed to Iris, you'd be frustrated as I was right? Please if anyone is considering applying here do look some place elsewhere as you will not get a fair share.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2022

Interview

I first did a 30 minute interview with the Chief Development Officer of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry via Zoom. She contacted me about 10 days after applying for the role which was quite surprising given how long USC takes according to other fundraisers. She was charismatic and asked me standard questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask her questions at the end including her leadership style, fundraising goals and priorities for the position and dentistry school etc. Surprisingly, she stated the school raises only $5M per year but should really be raising between $20M-$30M based on her analysis. The second interview was with the some Senior Director of Student Wellness and the Dean's Executive Assistant. This interview went "okay," but they were kind of dry. The second interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. I was also asked standard questions which was different from the first interview. However, my only concern was that the CDO or no other person on the "actual development team" was present in my second interview. I was told by the Senior Director of Student Wellness that the school recently did, "some restructuring but would be 7 staff members when they are all staffed up." It appeared the two interviewers did not know much about development or the role at hand in which they were interviewing me for based on their answers to basic questions at the end of my interview. Overall, I got the impression that their development team was extremely understaffed and the overall school was underperforming. Honestly, it seemed like a whole lot of work for only $85,000 per year. Finally, the diversity was lacking among members of the team especially its leadership despite what they “claim” on their website.

Interview Questions
  • 1). Why USC? 2). Why dentistry? 3). Why fundraising? 4 ). What is your approach to building relationships? 5). Describe a challenge or failure. 6). What do you want to accomplish in the first 3 months? 7). Demonstrate leadership abilities and how it impacted your current or past organization. 8). What would you do if a board member gave you a fundraising advice? 9). How do you see yourself working with the Director of Development and Dean? 10). What are some examples of bad fundraising strategies? 11). What do you bring to the table? 12). How do you like being managed?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

For the Undergraduate Student Consultant position, there is a simple behavior interview with one of the staff members asking general questions about your motivation for applying and goals you hope to achieve. Overall really quick and low-stress process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Interviews

University of Southern California Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at University of Southern California as 76.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.45 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Specialist and Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Student Worker roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at University of Southern California takes an average of 24 days when considering 425 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Student Worker had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Graduate Research Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at University of Southern California according to 425 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.21%