University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Questions are not anything out of the ordinary although there seems to be a preference for internal candidates. There is a phone interview followed by panel interview of the top three or so candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation just an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple skype interviews that did not take very long. There were two rounds total, meeting with the project manager and then the director of the department. It involved some questions about my past projects and why I was passionate about working there.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The questions were primarily based on my resume and things related to the Lab and the ongoing research

Interview Questions

• How will recognize a particular object moving in space using a regular web camera? Which algorithm would you use for it and why?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

It was a very informal interview. They just want to make sure you know what you're talking about. They are very big on safety, so they will ask you a lot about precautions that should be taken when using the machinery.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in a machine shop.   1 Answer

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California in July 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview which was poor quality because it was a conference call. It took almost 4 weeks for them to get back to me after I had continuously reached out to them.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself detail-oriented?   1 Answer
    • How do you plan your day and organize your emails?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult vendor or one that is unresponsive?   Answer Question

Special Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. I had a brief phone screening, then I had three in-person interviews, two of which were conducted the same day. My first interviewer ended up being my boss. She was very communicative during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

First, if you meet their job qualifications for the position, they will first respond via email and then they will setup a phone call to determine a few things about you and your past work experience and if you are lucky enough, they will then contact you for an in-person interview. Pretty straight forward process.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

First round as a group interview with the project director and 2 professors, second round interview with the PI of the project. A little bit professional skills were tested, more questions about behavioral characteristics were asked.

Chief Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

After email and phone screens by HR and IT Directors, flew me out to USC, put me up in a hotel near the campus property. Following day, the HR Director drove me over to the IT organization's building for a full day of group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions--environment was not very modern, nor were skill sets of current employees there so really began downplaying things so I wouldn't get an offer (lol).   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Casual interview, no behavioral questions, Just background questions about past work experience and education. It was obvious that they were trying to see if I was qualified for the job.