University of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 366 of over 366 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

2 rounds of Interviews. The first is a group, the second is solo. Make sure to think about how you are working with other applicants and not just your responses.

Interview Questions
  • Least Favorite part about USC ?
    1 Answer

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Only 2 rounds of interviews, an HR screen and group interview. No design challenge. The team was clearly burnt out and unhappy. The interview felt like an interrogation. No one introduced themselves and jumped straight into questions. It was evident leadership lacked experience designing in other environments and did not have the fortitude advocate for her team. I would not want to work here.

Interview Questions
  • How do you keep up with industry trends and what is an example of using what you learned?

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Had higher expectations for a org of this caliber, esp in position of need. Too much time in between communications. Didn't receive an offer but I'll be okay with that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Brief Interview for the role. The interviewer explain the job, role and internal matrix and left very few time for the candidate to present himself. The analyst role was intended to be fullfilled by a PHD student

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

First, the interviewer did not respect the scheduled interview time at all. Second, the interviewer is extremely rude during the interview and did not even seem to slimly care to answer the candidate's question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2021

Interview

You ever enter an interview and you can feel the misery of your interviewers in the air or even worse through the screen from the moment is starts ?! That's the feeling I got from this interview I chatted with two older engineers who seemed annoyed that they had to talk to me . They asked me question to which i would provide answers and then ask me another question that forced me to reiterate what i just covered. Maybe I'm an awful communicator but It also felt like they just weren't interested at all . They also seemed to REALLY look down on my game development experience despite the ad CLEARLY listing that they were looking for a senior gameplay programmer . I guess they thought their " Serious" applications were above my feeble game developer mind and skills * eyeroll* . I have enterprise work in my background too so it really made no sense to me. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward lots of " tell me about your previous work " questions but I got absolutely no impression on what this team was interested in , looking for , or even why they took the interview with me . What the role would do , I guess they made cryptic remarks about defense applications. I've never been invited to interview and made to feel like my interview was a waste of time like that before .

Interview Questions
  • What are past projects you've worked on ?
  • Do you have any issues with working with the Department of Defense?

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Interview was a zoom video call, so dress appropriately. Asked basic questions to get to know me, such as strengths and weaknesses, five year plan, etc. Interviewer was friendly and nice. Interview was recorded

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

The process at Marshall was comprised of a Virtual Campus Visit. Candidates prepared a lecture, job talk, and had interviews with the search committee and deans. Students met separately with candidates. Overall, a very positive and welcoming experience. Great students, and great faculty!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

It was a multistep process, but it was smooth. Human Resource Department kept me up to date on next steps and status. Interviewed for multiple people and group disciplines (law enforcement and university officials).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

I had an interview with the manager first. She was nice. However, after that I had interview with her supervisor who was a Doctor. I was able to answer all his questions with ease . He asked me if I'm a US citizen which I am. At the end of the interview, he said (paraphrasing) "but you're not from here". I was just speechless after that and knew that I won't get the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 366 Interviews