University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

It took 10 to 15 minutes. She asked about my experiences and future plans. She did not talk too much. Interestingly she was in Starbucks and eating something. I expected that she would ask some questions regarding my explanations. It was my first interview and I disappointed.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Telephone Interview: Interviewer focused on Although interview was 60 minutes, The interviewer focused questions that would determine age. Such as, college graduation dates as a way to determine age and whether I knew anyone working at USC.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate from College? Do know anyone at USC?   1 Answer

Museum Educator Interview

Interview

1 to 1 with the director (who was more than 30 minutes late) in a room of the USC. No specific questions. It was a 45 minutes interview without any dynamic, I asked the main part of the questions.

Several Interview

Application

Interview

I have had 3 interviews with USC now, all different schools within the institution. The first interview was a "pre-screen" type, conducted over GoToMeeting. One was a panel interview with 2 supervisors and a third party, and the most recent was one-on-one with the supervisor for the role. Despite sending thank yous and appropriately-timed follow ups, I never heard back from any of them. Not even a generic "we chose somebody more qualified" form letter email. Is this USC policy, to leave candidates hanging until they lose hope? I was assured by all that I would hear from them either way, and I know this is common experience because I have been a job seeker many times in my life, but I expect better at an institution like USC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Clinical Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Conference call with several interviewers. Friendly, pleasant and some explanation of what the job would entail. As only phone screen it seemed they were more interested in applicant's experiences. Was helpful to check out the USC website and look through the specific programs to prepare for the interview. Lasted for about 30 minutes

Academic Advisor In Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online as a previous USC employee. Took about a month to hear back and received an email from the assistant director of advising asking a few questions about my background. From there an in person was scheduled which was 1 hour and 45 minutes long. Met with the assistant director and other advisor and then the dean of the department. Didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. Then heard back asking me to come in a day later to give a presentation titled: what will I bring to this position? Came in to give the presentation to the assistant director, no one else, and was told this was the final step. Asked for my references and was told I would hear back early the following week. I had to reach out AGAIN because I hadn't heard anything by Thursday and according to my references, no one had been contacted. Instead of a response to my email, I received a rejection letter. Hands down the most ridiculous interview process ever. So much time and effort spent and the references asked for were never checked.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Applied, a few days later they gave a phone interview with a person from HR. The questions were generally easy and the person does research about the college you work for and the department which is why it is important to be honest. I felt very good about the interview but there were times where I could tell he thought I was being untruthful. Working at a small liberal arts college compared to a large research university means how we perform our jobs different. I reminded him he has my supervisors contact information should he want verification.

However I was very qualified for the position. I believe the deal breaker was that I wouldn't go lower on my pay requirements. Having a masters and the high cost of living at USC means I want a decent pay. If USC, an institution with tons of money, doesn't want to pay then I don't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can adjust working at a small college compare to working at a large university like USC?

A Standard Diversity Question/   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, talked directly with the doctor in charge, very thorough in explaining the position. Asked why I was interested in this position when I didn't have prior research experience. And concerned about my commute since it was over 1 hour.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

1st interview then 2nd interview; Beginning with your present job explain to us what you do and how you arrived at this position in your career. Preparation was assisted by Prosum Staffing who provided many basic and useful reference materials for review. Lots of useful tips on things people assume they know but need to review in any case. No one is so far above reviewing the basic requirements of proper interview techniques, both on the phone and in person. I still have those materials and just reviewed today. They were quite professional in all their assistance and presentation. In any case they did me a great service in preparation. I would recommend this agency to anyone seeking a professional presentation before a prospective client. They cover all the bases! We were both close to signing. It happens.

Interview Questions

• Can you deploy the entire System Center Suite?   1 Answer
    • How will you manage System Center once deployed?   1 Answer

Computer Service Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared. A lot of questions are asked.
    Some technical questions such as NSLOOK, IPconfig , some customer service questions, logic problem solving questions. some situation scenarios are also given and you are expected to analyze the problem and give an overall solution
    It was pretty a difficult interview for a Tier 2 Tech position
    Come really prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a great candidate for the position?   Answer Question