University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.4

Computer Service Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared. A lot of questions are asked.
    Some technical questions such as NSLOOK, IPconfig , some customer service questions, logic problem solving questions. some situation scenarios are also given and you are expected to analyze the problem and give an overall solution
    It was pretty a difficult interview for a Tier 2 Tech position
    Come really prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a great candidate for the position?   Answer Question

Research Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Met a professor whose classes I had attended earlier, and asked to provide an opportunity for working as a student researcher. He obliged, based on my past credentials. My past background in mechanical engineering and my overall high scores in the courses attended at USC, especially those taught by the professor, provided him with the assurance he required to hire me.

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First did a phone interview that went really well. This was with the Director. Then I was asked to come in for an in person interview with the Manager. That was mostly personal questions, nothing regarding skill. I feel like they had already chosen who they were going to hire.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

After applying for the program, invited to campus for a full day of interview with other potential applicants; including group sessions as well as individual meetings with up to 5 professors

Interview Questions

• What do you want to research while you are here and how will you do this?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The entire team was in attendance for interview and each asked a question. This took place in the facility and in a conference room. Everyone was kind and put me at ease. Then a tour of the facility took place.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a professional relationship appropriate with college students?   1 Answer

Legislative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Casual but very formal in the content of the interview. You have to be passionate about public policy and growing academically and must be able to convey it in your interview.

Interview Questions

• What public policy issue is the most important to you?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California in March 2010.

Interview

Interview can take approximately four hours and is done by a panel of five USC Leadership folks.Expect reference checks. USC does this before hiring someone and can probably find out a great deal of information about the candidate's knowledge, experience, and work habits by asking for information from present and former employers and from others who are familiar with the applicant.

There are also incredible background checks. Expect personal credit checks of an applicant's credit and/or criminal record. A "consumer reporting agency" is hired to prepare a consumer report 33 or an investigative consumer report 34 about an applicant, certain disclosure requirements are imposed under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. .

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you found a new position before now?
      Have you ever thought of leaving your present position before? If yes, what do you think kept you there?
      What do you think of your boss?
      What other types of jobs or companies are you considering?
      Where would you like to be 5 years or 10 years from now?
      What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Dental Patient Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

1st was the 20 minute phone interview, 2nd in person interview. It was supposed to be a panel of 3 interviewers and only 1 showed up. He said they had something else to so they couldn't make it. I have a feeling they saw me in the waiting room and didn't want to waste there time with me. I have all the qualifications on paper and obviously over the phone but i feel they were looking for an image that I don't have because of my weight.

Interview Questions

• List me all of the job descriptions posted on the usc website.   1 Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1-on-1 initial interview with recruiter, after which 3 final candidates are called back for a 3-person panel interview (w/ hiring mgr, prospective supervisor and colleague) was next. 2 finalists are called back for a 3rd 3-person panel interview (w/ director and 2 unrelated dept mgrs).

Interview Questions

• If your colleagues were asked, what would they say your biggest weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a challenging situation, and describe how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not accept the initial offered pay rate, and countered with a rate that I would consider accepting, which was agreed to.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

3-4 technical rounds will ask you develop a software product and demo it.
    First Round is written test where you will be asked technical theory question on algorithms, datastructure, HTML, CSS , Databases and Aptitude etc.

Second Round will be There will be on the spot question while you demo it.

Third round will be the same as the second round where they will as you to develop a very small working prototype in their office within a couple of hours

Finally there will be face to face interview with others

Interview Questions

• How will you design a information retrival system for 50GB data in file system (no database querying allowed) to give result within 3sec always   1 Answer