University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

2.4

Museum Educator Interview

Interview

1 to 1 with the director (who was more than 30 minutes late) in a room of the USC. No specific questions. It was a 45 minutes interview without any dynamic, I asked the main part of the questions.

Writing Center Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I phoned the director of the writing center. After a conversation with him, I scheduled an interview on campus. My interview was just me and the director and he was congenial, and the questions were authentic and to the point.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The interview process was, overall, very informal. I felt comfortable in the interview environment, which was based in an office. The interviewers were friendly and genuinely interested in my responses and opinions

Interview Questions

• Past experiences relevant to the job position   1 Answer

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I have had 3 interviews with USC now, all different schools within the institution. The first interview was a "pre-screen" type, conducted over GoToMeeting. One was a panel interview with 2 supervisors and a third party, and the most recent was one-on-one with the supervisor for the role. Despite sending thank yous and appropriately-timed follow ups, I never heard back from any of them. Not even a generic "we chose somebody more qualified" form letter email. Is this USC policy, to leave candidates hanging until they lose hope? I was assured by all that I would hear from them either way, and I know this is common experience because I have been a job seeker many times in my life, but I expect better at an institution like USC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Clinical Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Conference call with several interviewers. Friendly, pleasant and some explanation of what the job would entail. As only phone screen it seemed they were more interested in applicant's experiences. Was helpful to check out the USC website and look through the specific programs to prepare for the interview. Lasted for about 30 minutes

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The entire team was in attendance for interview and each asked a question. This took place in the facility and in a conference room. Everyone was kind and put me at ease. Then a tour of the facility took place.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a professional relationship appropriate with college students?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call, which was long. Then I went for an on-site interview and finally got an offer. It took a long time to get the letter offer though due to the new year event.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my background and papers I have published   Answer Question

Research Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Specifically asked questions involving thed department and the ongoing processes withing the department. Be prepared to answer niche questions regarding your role within the lab. Overall, a friendly atmosphere and if you know your stuff, then you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The interview was very basic. A professor interviewed me, as I am applying for PhD program at USC. The interview process was very smooth, he asked me about my past experience, education and etc. Nothing really challenging, just basic questions. Overall, the interview was a good experience and nothing to complain.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quite relaxed, it was very conversational and they allowed for a lot of time for me to ask questions. The interview was mostly a long "tell me about yourself" or "walk me through your resume" question.