University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.4

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the Senior Assistant Director of Financial Need Analysis at the Financial Aid office of the University of Southern California. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Then, we went on to discuss the compensation and benefits and my availability in terms of work hours for the job.

Interview Questions

• What factors do you feel make you a perfect fit for this job?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

You turn in an application that requires essays. There are two interviews. On one day you will have an interview with two people and a group interview in which you work with others to solve a given issue. In the second interview you will interview with 2-3 people who work for the department currently about why you are interested in the position and situational questions.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Applied, a few days later they gave a phone interview with a person from HR. The questions were generally easy and the person does research about the college you work for and the department which is why it is important to be honest. I felt very good about the interview but there were times where I could tell he thought I was being untruthful. Working at a small liberal arts college compared to a large research university means how we perform our jobs different. I reminded him he has my supervisors contact information should he want verification.

However I was very qualified for the position. I believe the deal breaker was that I wouldn't go lower on my pay requirements. Having a masters and the high cost of living at USC means I want a decent pay. If USC, an institution with tons of money, doesn't want to pay then I don't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can adjust working at a small college compare to working at a large university like USC?

A Standard Diversity Question/
      Answer Question

Driver Interview

Interview

very very easy, with another student. I interviewed with a friend who had been working there for a while. starting pay and everything was discussed. it was very relaxed, basically a formality to see if I was competent enough to not crash a car

Interview Questions

• do you have a california driver's license   1 Answer

Computer Service Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared. A lot of questions are asked.
    Some technical questions such as NSLOOK, IPconfig , some customer service questions, logic problem solving questions. some situation scenarios are also given and you are expected to analyze the problem and give an overall solution
    It was pretty a difficult interview for a Tier 2 Tech position
    Come really prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a great candidate for the position?   Answer Question

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

1st interview then 2nd interview; Beginning with your present job explain to us what you do and how you arrived at this position in your career. Preparation was assisted by Prosum Staffing who provided many basic and useful reference materials for review. Lots of useful tips on things people assume they know but need to review in any case. No one is so far above reviewing the basic requirements of proper interview techniques, both on the phone and in person. I still have those materials and just reviewed today. They were quite professional in all their assistance and presentation. In any case they did me a great service in preparation. I would recommend this agency to anyone seeking a professional presentation before a prospective client. They cover all the bases! We were both close to signing. It happens.

Interview Questions

• Can you deploy the entire System Center Suite?   1 Answer
    • How will you manage System Center once deployed?   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

An executive director called me within a few days of submitting my resume. An interview was scheduled within one day. I had a phone interview with the Associate Dean of the department which went well, and I was asked to come in for an interview with multiple executive directors. We spoke for a couple hours, and I was told that I would receive a call within the week regarding my application.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what a manager would tell them if they asked what I needed to work on. I thought that was an interesting question to phrase it a way that would ask for a point of view from someone who is my superior.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

A friend recommended me to the boss, so there was not much to talk about for myself. We only talked about basic job duties and schedule availability and then moved on to work

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview process would be formal, so I can in a business suit, It was actually SUPER casual, the interviewer had on jeans and sneakers. They are very laid back and the interview is mostly just to see if you are reliable, presentable, and would be a good fit for their quirky work culture.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

It was pretty easy since the discussion was about my previous work experience and my profile.
    Have to speak highly about your USC experience, talk about how you would enforce USC policy, and display great public speaking skills. Freshman (especially spring admits) are at a disadvantage in the hiring process because of their lack of USC experience (many are told to apply again next year). Other USC jobs (such as working in res ed or as a tour guide) is very helpful as well.