University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.4

Computer Service Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared. A lot of questions are asked.
    Some technical questions such as NSLOOK, IPconfig , some customer service questions, logic problem solving questions. some situation scenarios are also given and you are expected to analyze the problem and give an overall solution
    It was pretty a difficult interview for a Tier 2 Tech position
    Come really prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will make a great candidate for the position?   Answer Question

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

1st interview then 2nd interview; Beginning with your present job explain to us what you do and how you arrived at this position in your career. Preparation was assisted by Prosum Staffing who provided many basic and useful reference materials for review. Lots of useful tips on things people assume they know but need to review in any case. No one is so far above reviewing the basic requirements of proper interview techniques, both on the phone and in person. I still have those materials and just reviewed today. They were quite professional in all their assistance and presentation. In any case they did me a great service in preparation. I would recommend this agency to anyone seeking a professional presentation before a prospective client. They cover all the bases! We were both close to signing. It happens.

Interview Questions

• Can you deploy the entire System Center Suite?   1 Answer
    • How will you manage System Center once deployed?   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

An executive director called me within a few days of submitting my resume. An interview was scheduled within one day. I had a phone interview with the Associate Dean of the department which went well, and I was asked to come in for an interview with multiple executive directors. We spoke for a couple hours, and I was told that I would receive a call within the week regarding my application.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what a manager would tell them if they asked what I needed to work on. I thought that was an interesting question to phrase it a way that would ask for a point of view from someone who is my superior.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

A friend recommended me to the boss, so there was not much to talk about for myself. We only talked about basic job duties and schedule availability and then moved on to work

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview process would be formal, so I can in a business suit, It was actually SUPER casual, the interviewer had on jeans and sneakers. They are very laid back and the interview is mostly just to see if you are reliable, presentable, and would be a good fit for their quirky work culture.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Only ask some basic knowledge about construction drawings. Use CAD to draw a very simple drawing. No matter how about your performance, that is not the key point. You should keep in contact for at least 3 times. Because the job is not hard, but your attitude is very important.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to find Air Conditions drawings?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

It was pretty easy since the discussion was about my previous work experience and my profile.
    Have to speak highly about your USC experience, talk about how you would enforce USC policy, and display great public speaking skills. Freshman (especially spring admits) are at a disadvantage in the hiring process because of their lack of USC experience (many are told to apply again next year). Other USC jobs (such as working in res ed or as a tour guide) is very helpful as well.

Orientation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process when I applied was just about who you were as a person, but now there is a group interview process where you have to prioritize orientation problems as a group in front of a panel. It's fairly easy to do and not very many people get cut from the group round.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's an object that represents your USC experience?   Answer Question

Production Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Marina, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview with accounting manager. Face to face interview with Production Manager. Face to face interview with director of the division and face to face interview with the director of the institution. Performing a typing test.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond if someone got combatant or irate with me?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought in and questioned by the program director and her assistant. The job requirements were elucidated to me and we discussed the difference between the industry I was exiting and the one I hoped to join (academics). After a series of questions, I was asked to take a "quiz" in the form of writing a cover letter for a "student I had once "taught". Throughout the whole process, the interviewers were warm, yet professional.