University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

University of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The interview process was, overall, very informal. I felt comfortable in the interview environment, which was based in an office. The interviewers were friendly and genuinely interested in my responses and opinions

Interview Questions

• Past experiences relevant to the job position   1 Answer

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I have had 3 interviews with USC now, all different schools within the institution. The first interview was a "pre-screen" type, conducted over GoToMeeting. One was a panel interview with 2 supervisors and a third party, and the most recent was one-on-one with the supervisor for the role. Despite sending thank yous and appropriately-timed follow ups, I never heard back from any of them. Not even a generic "we chose somebody more qualified" form letter email. Is this USC policy, to leave candidates hanging until they lose hope? I was assured by all that I would hear from them either way, and I know this is common experience because I have been a job seeker many times in my life, but I expect better at an institution like USC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Clinical Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Conference call with several interviewers. Friendly, pleasant and some explanation of what the job would entail. As only phone screen it seemed they were more interested in applicant's experiences. Was helpful to check out the USC website and look through the specific programs to prepare for the interview. Lasted for about 30 minutes

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The entire team was in attendance for interview and each asked a question. This took place in the facility and in a conference room. Everyone was kind and put me at ease. Then a tour of the facility took place.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a professional relationship appropriate with college students?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call, which was long. Then I went for an on-site interview and finally got an offer. It took a long time to get the letter offer though due to the new year event.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my background and papers I have published   Answer Question

Research Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Specifically asked questions involving thed department and the ongoing processes withing the department. Be prepared to answer niche questions regarding your role within the lab. Overall, a friendly atmosphere and if you know your stuff, then you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

The interview was very basic. A professor interviewed me, as I am applying for PhD program at USC. The interview process was very smooth, he asked me about my past experience, education and etc. Nothing really challenging, just basic questions. Overall, the interview was a good experience and nothing to complain.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quite relaxed, it was very conversational and they allowed for a lot of time for me to ask questions. The interview was mostly a long "tell me about yourself" or "walk me through your resume" question.

Academic Advisor In Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online as a previous USC employee. Took about a month to hear back and received an email from the assistant director of advising asking a few questions about my background. From there an in person was scheduled which was 1 hour and 45 minutes long. Met with the assistant director and other advisor and then the dean of the department. Didn't hear back for about 2 weeks. Then heard back asking me to come in a day later to give a presentation titled: what will I bring to this position? Came in to give the presentation to the assistant director, no one else, and was told this was the final step. Asked for my references and was told I would hear back early the following week. I had to reach out AGAIN because I hadn't heard anything by Thursday and according to my references, no one had been contacted. Instead of a response to my email, I received a rejection letter. Hands down the most ridiculous interview process ever. So much time and effort spent and the references asked for were never checked.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They talked to me about the requirements to work there and I met all of them. They also talked to me about the benefits of working there. They also talked to me about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job?   1 Answer