University of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.4

Orientation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Have to speak highly about your USC experience, talk about how you would enforce USC policy, and display great public speaking skills. Freshman (especially spring admits) are at a disadvantage in the hiring process because of their lack of USC experience (many are told to apply again next year). Other USC jobs (such as working in res ed or as a tour guide) is very helpful as well.

The interview process when I applied was just about who you were as a person, but now there is a group interview process where you have to prioritize orientation problems as a group in front of a panel. It's fairly easy to do and not very many people get cut from the group round.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's an object that represents your USC experience?   Answer Question

Production Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Marina, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview with accounting manager. Face to face interview with Production Manager. Face to face interview with director of the division and face to face interview with the director of the institution. Performing a typing test.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond if someone got combatant or irate with me?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought in and questioned by the program director and her assistant. The job requirements were elucidated to me and we discussed the difference between the industry I was exiting and the one I hoped to join (academics). After a series of questions, I was asked to take a "quiz" in the form of writing a cover letter for a "student I had once "taught". Throughout the whole process, the interviewers were warm, yet professional.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very open and friendly more of a discussion than a formal interview. As a suggestion it is best to bring a portfolio, dress professionally and be prepared to answer generic interview questions and questions related to the role you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. They also asked questions specifically about the cover letter and resume.   1 Answer

Family Care Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied and was contacted for an interview within 2 weeks, which I found to be rather quick considering their process takes much longer. The interviewer was very down to earth, did not make me feel intimidated whatsoever. A lot of the interview consisted of the interviewer talking about the department, the department was rather new. I did not receive an offer because they told me that they were looking for someone with more experience.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was told by the student director that a professor was personally inquiring for me to assist him in a course he was going to teach. I was interviewed over Skype. I was told to share my portfolio. The interview was about an hour, as we discussed course work and backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Have you taught before?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with programming?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple skype interviews that did not take very long. There were two rounds total, meeting with the project manager and then the director of the department. It involved some questions about my past projects and why I was passionate about working there.

Cvt Job/EKG Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (East Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Don't never ever go there. Not even as a patient. This hospital is too dangerous. The. Medical students are the ones practicing on sick and terminal patients. I worked there. Easy interview. It took me 15 min to get the job. Since I came from dif. State good backround and credentialing active. No one went to school in my unit. After Hugh school they did 3 days course at american heart associacion. And guess what? They're dealing with cardiology patientes and injecting nuclear meds without Drs supervision. They do really kill at this facility. Especially KECK which is where the students practices. Dont go there please. Don't not even bother to work also there. They got the lowest pay in southern of California. Its just the name USC. Plus the parking lot if far a way. And most of the time they broke into the cars. The shuttle takes like 45 min to come and get you. I worked there and just telling the real true. Co workers are nasty. No manners. Jealousy. They refused to train you because they not even know what they are doung.

Interview Questions

• Do you want the job? After they checked my resume and credentialing. Making 15.00 hr   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the job online from the website of USC, and make an appointment for the job I applied. During the interview, there are two professors, and we begin to talk about my resume and the tasks that may have for this job. It's a very nice meeting and I received the offer in few days later.

Grader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

Since I got As from several courses that I had taken, I submitted the application for the position that is available for me in our education system. And I got the email giving me the offer and asking if I would like to accept. After short communication with the professor, I started the job as a grader.

Interview Questions

• Just the availability since I got good score in this class before.   Answer Question