University of Southern California Project Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 347 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

An executive director called me within a few days of submitting my resume. An interview was scheduled within one day. I had a phone interview with the Associate Dean of the department which went well, and I was asked to come in for an interview with multiple executive directors. We spoke for a couple hours, and I was told that I would receive a call within the week regarding my application.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what a manager would tell them if they asked what I needed to work on. I thought that was an interesting question to phrase it a way that would ask for a point of view from someone who is my superior.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

Phone interview, then Skype interviews with department head, and two of the teams I would be working with under the role. Overall it was an easy process. after Skype interviews, I came for an in-person. A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone screening. They discussed required salary at this point which I thought was a bit strange. After the phone screening to review my qualifications, they scheduled an in person interview that was relatively short to meet the prospective supervisor. Within a few days, the supervisor phoned to offer the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of the manager telling me about the job. Not many questions were asked of me so I got the feeling I was merely there to fulfill a formality so they could hire someone they already had in mind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (United States)

Interview

the interview process was quiet lengthy, as I had to go through 4 interviews the interview questions were more behavioral, not so much skill-related I had a phone interview, then interview with director of the group, then an interview with both my manager and director and finally the CEO

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2012

Interview

Educational background, personality, and working experience for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Apr 2011

Interview

Informal interview

Interview Questions
  • Very informal, found out about position through a referral from another USC employee. Was hired based on my educational background, personality, and a good fit for the position/USC. I met with my future boss, discussed their research/goals and explained my background. Was hired on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2009

Interview

I sent in a cover letter and resume through a public policy job site and was called for a phone interview, then invited for an in-person interview with the director and project manager. The questions were straight-forward and I felt at ease, especially since the interviewers seemed a bit awkward themselves!

3 people found this interview helpful