University of Southern California Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 360 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Application

Interview

Standard Questions about software engineering and computer science principles. Also more behavioral questions as well. Will vary depending on the person you are interviewing with. Was interviewed in a group setting by the team for about an hour. Was informed the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Described a software project you built
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2019

Interview

I had two video interviews within the same week. I was then called in for an in person interview. This was a few hours long since I had individual interviews with multiple people including the director, assistant director, and research coordinator.

Interview Questions
  • Name and describe three traits about yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2018

Interview

talk with professor about future plan and his lab current status, communicate the project and own interest, introduce past research experience, talk about future work schedule and discuss training details

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2016

Interview

Nice person and great environment; very friendly interview; researchers are nice and talkative; however, it is a bit long for interviewing; four round and meet with different professionals; overall it is a good interview experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2014

Interview

I met with the principal investigator for about an hour. She was very interested in my plans for graduate school, and didn't seem to want to pick a student who was looking for a resume boost.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2013

Interview

Briefly talked about research in the past and what is the future goal for PhD study in USC. Talked about undergraduate research in motion correction MRI and works related to MRI image acquisition, processing and reconstruction.

Interview Questions
  • What research in MRI have you done

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

I applied to study in the graduate school. The application begins in October every year, and I was informed for a phone interview. In the interview, most of the questions are related to basic science and my undergraduate experience. I got the offer to an interdisciplinary program in medicine school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California in Feb 2010

Interview

The application, transcripts and test scores you send to the Graduate Admission Office are evaluated to ensure that they meet the minimum standards set by USC and the academic department to which you are applying. The application is then forwarded to your department, where it is collated with the required supplemental materials (e.g., portfolio, writing samples) you have supplied. An admission committee consisting of departmental admission officers and faculty members specializing in your field of study review all your application materials and make a final decision. Decisions on the awarding of fellowships and assistantships are also made at this time. You receive a letter from the USC Dean of Admission, notifying you of your admission status.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2007

Interview

personal intervew, very short, got offer immediately

Interview Questions
  • what's your strength for doing reserach

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Southern California in Apr 2007

Interview

I applied online and I got a call after 3 months of review. I believe the most crucial part of the entire process is the recommendation. It would not be possible without the support of my Professors.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews