University of Southern California Student Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 362 interviews

1.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern California

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Columbia, SC) in Aug 2016

Interview

Above-average professionalism, good interpersonal skills, attention to detail all required. The most common way of achieving an interview is through a current employee or professor's reference. Often starts with email communication, followed by several in person meetings and one interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself
    1 Answer

University of Southern California

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California in May 2014

Interview

This is for PHONE interview only: Sent in online application for a Student Admin Assistant role and maybe a week later received a phone call for an interview. They wanted to fill the position quickly, and while it was kind of in the lower range of where I wanted to work I really wanted to get my foot in the door of a University campus. The lady who interviewed me was working from home that day and her baby was crying the whole time, I just thought that was funny. In the end it kind of seemed like it wouldn't work out because she mentioned she was looking for someone with University exp (I had none) and I even though I did have 3+yrs of growing admin skills, there were better candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Very routine/expected questions, a couple situations thrown in, they were definitely looking for someone with experience working in higher education though. I had no background in that so try to emphasize heavily on your admin experience that is similar/could apply to the position if anything.

University of Southern California

Application

I interviewed at University of Southern California

Interview

Plan and implement a comprehensive departmental and campus life orientation for incoming Asian Pacific American undergraduate students. Work with departmental programming and initiatives, including, but not limited to the PEER student mentoring program; CIRCLE leadership development program, Connections! career mentoring program and/or APASS Download weekly dialogue program. Please visit our website more detailed program descriptions. Compensation: $12-14/hour; work-study preferred Dates of employment: mid-August (3 months) - up to 15 hours/week from mid-August through mid-April (8 months)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed