University of Southern California Student Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern California Student Library Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Southern California

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply online in the USC Library Student Assistant job page, you are called for an interview which is very very basic (what are your strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, and all that). They see if you are a good fit to the team and they hire you if you are available to work the hours they need.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was scared of the dark! That wasn't difficult but was unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8/hour wages

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southern California

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

USC has a website for student jobs, including work study and non-work study. Positions vary but most of the libraries hire every semester. I applied to most positions online and received an email back from one or two. I chose to work in the libraries because it was relatively quiet, independent work and I enjoy reading and looking through books. They invited me for an in-person interview (no phone), and offered me the job later that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The position was posted on the USC libraries website. You apply online and confirm your availability for work. If you are selected you will be e-mailed to schedule an interview date. The interviewer was the supervisor you will be working under. For my case, it was a recent USC grad.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my major was and why I chose that major   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Send in application
    Wait for call
    Go in for interview
    If you have relevant experience, focus on it

Interview Questions

• Almost all the question were standard questions. They just wanted to see if I could handle patrons at the front desk   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, its a student worker pay scale which is fixed.