University of Southern California Student Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern California Student Worker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the Senior Assistant Director of Financial Need Analysis at the Financial Aid office of the University of Southern California. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Then, we went on to discuss the compensation and benefits and my availability in terms of work hours for the job.

Interview Questions

• What factors do you feel make you a perfect fit for this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Southern California

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Southern California.

Interview

A friend recommended me to the boss, so there was not much to talk about for myself. We only talked about basic job duties and schedule availability and then moved on to work

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the job online from the website of USC, and make an appointment for the job I applied. During the interview, there are two professors, and we begin to talk about my resume and the tasks that may have for this job. It's a very nice meeting and I received the offer in few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Good process. Asked basic questions on food handling and safety. Had to pass a food handling exam to meet the requirements of the position. The manager was very friendly and the interview was not at all intimidating. Also, black shoes and pants are compulsory for this position. Handling of meat is one of their concerns. If your not ok with handling meat then don't go for it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted the manager via email asking for any job opening he had in his department. He responded after a week or two when he had an opening for a student worker in the department. It was a one on one interview with the manager himself. HR was only involved in the process of hiring and no one from HR interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• This interview was for a IT Student worker position and was quite straightforward. He started by inquiring about me and then asked how much do you know about computers. The question were like how would you add a printer on a network, getting the MAC address of a PC, how would you change a graphics card or a hard drive on a computer and other similar questions. He kept the interview quite informal.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Work study is required for this admissions processing position. I was referred by a friend who worked here and was told to contact the manager. I sent the manager an email and an interview scheduled the following week. The office is often hiring and the interview process is extremely simple.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

One interview with the supervisor of the position, basically going over your skills and previous experiences with the systems used during the job. Also asked about previous stories where you have helped a customer and they left satisfied. The job is all about staying on task and keeping customers happy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you helped a customer become more satisfied.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was brief. It was a panel of 2 interviewers. They take turns asking you questions. Most questions are basic. They brought a copy of my resume with them so that they are able to ask me questions about my resume. They basically ask whatever comes out of your mouth. Therefore, you should be cautious of what you tell them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief three on one interview where the director asked me behavioral questions and a couple of ones related to the resume. It was very informal and lasted about 20 minutes. Each of the three interviewers asked about 1 or 2 questions, but they were not really hard. The three people who interviewed me ended up being my co-workers for the rest of my job.

Interview Questions

• Whether I am a self-starter and to give an example from a past job or other related experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Went to work study fair where they were tabling, chatted with potential employers and dropped off resume, was contacted a few days later via phone about the position and to schedule an interview time, went to my interview, and was called back shortly to tell me I got the position

Interview Questions

• Please go over your resume
      What is your availability?
      Tell me about an instance where you had to overcome a challenge
      Answer Question