University of Southern Indiana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Southern Indiana

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

After a few weeks I received a call about doing a phone interview; phone interview with about 10 questions about experience, work history, etc. Then a couple weeks later I was invited back in for an in-person interview which also required a 20 min presentation on a given topic related to Advising; Interview lasted around 6 hours; Met with multiple departments, human resources, and was shown around campus.

Interview Questions

• How would you give negative news or feedback to a student?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary for this position.

Student Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

30 min in-person interview with head of Security Dept and manager of Student Officers. They asked about my background and prior work experience. It was very easy and only took 20-25 minutes.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

Meet with faculty and unprepared administrators. Fortunately, most of the folks I interviewed with were great. Administrators just made chit chat. Certain faculty seemed to really care if you chose to come there.

Interview Questions

• I know we aren't allowed to ask this, but are you married?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview; In- person including a required presentation; The schedule looked very intimidating but in reality the meetings weren't bad. Met with search committee, team members, HR, and director. Then presented and did a campus tour. Everyone was very nice and helped put you at ease.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Why would you be a good fit? Explain situations in which...   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

The company posted an internship opportunity through Career Services. After applying for the job, I was called in to sign up for an interview. Interview took only 20 minutes where I was asked about my past experiences and what I can bring to the table. The lady was nice in her approach and explained well what I will be doing if I was chosen to be the intern. After one week, they called me to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? Why you chose to apply for this internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slight increase in my hourly pay. The initial offer was higher than what I was offered. Consider getting more experience in graphic design and web design as it will set you away from the rest while performing certain job assignments.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana (Evansville, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was very basic, asking about my experience and how I could make sure I had enough time for both my classes and working. I think the interview was mostly to gauge how well I would fit in with the department. There was only one interview and they called me the next day with their job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to succeed in your classes while also taking on a part time position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Almost all student workers get the same hourly pay.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Indiana.

Interview

I was contacted by the department to come in for an interview. I did two interviews, one with the current administrative assistant, followed by the department director. It was very relaxed, general questions about my experience and education, and to the point. No tricky or oddball questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.