University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions in Hattiesburg, MS | Glassdoor

University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions in Hattiesburg, MS

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

An online application was required through the USM employment portal. I received an email and telephone call to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a panel. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

Expressed interest online and then went and met the head of the department. Mostly standard questions asking about my past experiences and what I was looking for in my future.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. I had other interviews and offers but chose Southern because of its location. First round phone interview with 3 administrators, then on campus interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• What's your qualifications?
      What can you contribute to the university?   Answer Question

Greek Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the search committee then a second round phone interview. After the second round phone interviews 3 candidates were selected to interview on campus. A full day interview included a meeting with the search committee and various staff members. Then a presentation was given to students and we were all given a tour

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and laid back. It was easier than I thought it would be. I thought it was a great process overall. The largest aspect was trying to get in the door and getting through the entire process of HR and getting through the interview scheduling. Academics go slow so I understand why it took a while but still it is hard to wait so long.

Musician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2013.

Interview

There was no interview for this small contract work. An interview was not required for this work. Because there was no interview, there were no questions asked at all. The interview process was a non-issue with this particular matter.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because there was no interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

The interview spanned 2 days of interviews, presentations, dinners, and meetings. The people appeared very nice and seemed to be a great place to work. There were signs of the problems that arose in the future that, had I been more experienced, I would have noticed.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pre-scripted and not unexpected. However, the real estate agent that took us on a tour of the city asked some personal questions because she remembered meeting me six years prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They informed me that they wanted to hire me and would be submitting a request for my contract. I did not negotiate the pay or terms, but wish I had.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was initially a phone interview then acceptance/decline phone call when I got the position. Interviewer was very nice and she didn't make me nervous. They call randomly so you won't expect the phone call.

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2013.

Interview

They sort listed the candidates. They provided me the date for the phone interview and I prepared for that. There were four professors and administrators to ask questions. I was little bit nervous at the beginning but they asked me about personal matter first and asked about my research and future plans in my work. I am pretty sure I answered confidently. The process was not that much long. But I really enjoyed. They were friendly and helpful. That was my second interview in my job search. That's all.

Interview Questions

• What is your hobby? which is different that I expected.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with several employees from the IT team. Was asked general background questions regarding my prior work experience and general knowledge of the tasks required in the job.. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on in the past. What went well? What went wrong?   Answer Question