University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

Difficult for an on-campus job, but necessary. This is truly a professional interview, so look and act the part. This is the most elite position that one can have on campus, so it is selective in nature.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

almost all doctoral students will get this job. most master's students will get this position depending on the budget that year. Just a few formal questions and students will be assigned to specific faculty to either teach or assist teaching.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking to set up a phone interview. From there, I scheduled a phone interview and a few days later got a phone call asking to schedule a on-campus interview. On my on-campus interview, I had three different interviews. First round one-on-one, second round panel of students, and third round panel of higher ups.

Interview Questions

• If you were a raindrop and you could fall anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and laid back. It was easier than I thought it would be. I thought it was a great process overall. The largest aspect was trying to get in the door and getting through the entire process of HR and getting through the interview scheduling. Academics go slow so I understand why it took a while but still it is hard to wait so long.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

The interview spanned 2 days of interviews, presentations, dinners, and meetings. The people appeared very nice and seemed to be a great place to work. There were signs of the problems that arose in the future that, had I been more experienced, I would have noticed.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pre-scripted and not unexpected. However, the real estate agent that took us on a tour of the city asked some personal questions because she remembered meeting me six years prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They informed me that they wanted to hire me and would be submitting a request for my contract. I did not negotiate the pay or terms, but wish I had.

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2013.

Interview

They sort listed the candidates. They provided me the date for the phone interview and I prepared for that. There were four professors and administrators to ask questions. I was little bit nervous at the beginning but they asked me about personal matter first and asked about my research and future plans in my work. I am pretty sure I answered confidently. The process was not that much long. But I really enjoyed. They were friendly and helpful. That was my second interview in my job search. That's all.

Interview Questions

• What is your hobby? which is different that I expected.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with several employees from the IT team. Was asked general background questions regarding my prior work experience and general knowledge of the tasks required in the job.. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on in the past. What went well? What went wrong?   Answer Question

Moving Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

I called the human resources manager who brought me in for a interview, first with him, and finishing with the Assistant Director of the Physical Plant. The interview was very laid back. The job called for physical labor so the questions asked were mainly about past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever preformed manual labor?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

It is a very rigorous series of interviews and group tasks as you apply for this job interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to have a disagree with your supervisor, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Student Support Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in June 2012.

Interview

The online application process did not work. Tried working with their HR dept. but they were only helpful when I went to the office in person. Emailing them was a waste of time. It did eventually get fixed, but only after the face-to-face exchange (which was pleasant).

The phone interview was disappointing because I could not hear the interviewers. I asked them to repeat questions, but they did nothing to increase their volume. I wish phone interviewers would start picking up the receiver when they talk.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to separate your personal goals from your professional goals?   Answer Question