University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Southern Mississippi Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

Difficult for an on-campus job, but necessary. This is truly a professional interview, so look and act the part. This is the most elite position that one can have on campus, so it is selective in nature.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

An online application was required through the USM employment portal. I received an email and telephone call to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a panel. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

Expressed interest online and then went and met the head of the department. Mostly standard questions asking about my past experiences and what I was looking for in my future.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. I had other interviews and offers but chose Southern because of its location. First round phone interview with 3 administrators, then on campus interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• What's your qualifications?
      What can you contribute to the university?   Answer Question

Greek Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in January 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the search committee then a second round phone interview. After the second round phone interviews 3 candidates were selected to interview on campus. A full day interview included a meeting with the search committee and various staff members. Then a presentation was given to students and we were all given a tour

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

almost all doctoral students will get this job. most master's students will get this position depending on the budget that year. Just a few formal questions and students will be assigned to specific faculty to either teach or assist teaching.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking to set up a phone interview. From there, I scheduled a phone interview and a few days later got a phone call asking to schedule a on-campus interview. On my on-campus interview, I had three different interviews. First round one-on-one, second round panel of students, and third round panel of higher ups.

Interview Questions

• If you were a raindrop and you could fall anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and laid back. It was easier than I thought it would be. I thought it was a great process overall. The largest aspect was trying to get in the door and getting through the entire process of HR and getting through the interview scheduling. Academics go slow so I understand why it took a while but still it is hard to wait so long.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi in September 2013.

Interview

Sat down with the coordinator and had to answer questions based on working with difficult students as well as tutoring methods. This was followed by almost an hour long session of "mock tutoring" where I had to pretend that the interviewer was a student who I was tutoring.

Musician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS) in September 2013.

Interview

There was no interview for this small contract work. An interview was not required for this work. Because there was no interview, there were no questions asked at all. The interview process was a non-issue with this particular matter.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because there was no interview.   Answer Question