University of St. Thomas · Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.8

Graduate Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Four people took my interview. All of them asked different questions. About mynpast experience and how i like to get orders. What is my work preferences. It was intense more than a student position expectation i think.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota.

Interview

One month between date of application and offer. Three interviews total including phone screening within 1 week of one another. Each interview included a panel of people. My references were contacted pretty almost immediately after interview, so prepare them as soon as you apply. The reference check was more than a formality. They spoke to the three of them about my strengths and weaknesses, suitability for the specific position, likelihood of retention, and reasons for moving on from former jobs. Mission is a big part of the interview process, so consider how your job connects with the bigger picture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you encountered an irate person and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • What is your work style?   1 Answer
    • How long do you see yourself in this position?   Answer Question

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

1. Online application with the usual teaching philosophy, CV, as well as specific questions.

2. Phone interview where I responded to a series of questions that were provided to me a couple of days before the interview. The interviewers did not respond to my answers or ask follow up questions which threw me off a bit. This was meant to provide a consistent interview process.

3. Two-day interview and campus visit. Four days before my interview I was given a detailed description of issues that each of my two talks needed to address. I was also given several papers on education and the Catholic Intellectual tradition that I would then be asked about.

I gave a teaching lecture of my choice and a talk on promoting academic excellence. Talks were followed by about 40 minutes of questions. There were also five one-one-one interviews that were fairly informal.

Everyone that I met during my two days at Saint Thomas was friendly, welcoming, and answered my questions about the University and the job. Committee members were prepared and had specific questions that demonstrated that they read my application.

Interview Questions

• Pat answers will not cut it. Be prepared to provide thoughtful answers and to demonstrate that you understand the Catholic intellectual tradition. I was asked many questions about my teaching philosophy and my experience and ability to teach a multicultural student body. I never felt like there were any religious test or that I would be expected to promote any ideology.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Met with a couple of people in the department who went through my resume and vetted out my skills.It was a group panel that asked me questions about my interests and my job availability during the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and how this can help you grow here.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota.

Interview

To interview for this position you meet with the Tech Desk supervisor and possibly another higher-up. They ask about your technical knowledge and how you would react to different situations. They want to ensure that you are able to effectively communicate with clients and that you are willing to learn.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through our school student employment website. I was then email notified I got an interview. I had three interviewers and it was very relaxed and fun. They were all three looking for interns and the next day I got a cal from one of them offering me the position. The interview asked me basic interview questions and lasted about 30 minutes. I worked part time during the school year and full time during the summer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff Interview

Application

Interview

Submit online application with cover-letter and resume, receive a call for a phone screen, then come to the campus for an on-site interview. The interview is normally with more than one person, often its with a panel of people. Then, you wait for call-back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, they tell you what they're offering.

Tenure Track Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Standard interview for this type of job - 2 days of interviewing including a presentation and dinner with faculty. Interview one on one with department chair and in small groups of faculty. One of the most interesting and informative parts was a discussion of the school's mission with other faculty. Lots of changes to ask questions.

MBA Candidate Interview

Interview

The communication was really well maintained, multiple meetings, very supportive and informative

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected, very friendly environment   Answer Question

Athletic Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of St. Thomas · Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy and brief, very informal. They have a decently high turnover rate of employees since students graduate or get other jobs. The people that work care, so they aren't trying to stump or trick you on any questions - they just really do want to know more about you and why you believe you should be an employee. The overall process was super quick and easy, as well as having a fast turn around time.