University of Sunderland Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Sunderland

University of Sunderland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sunderland

Interview

The application process was straightforward, but the job description did not accurately reflect the job being recruited for (speaking to someone working in the role was part of the interview process). The interview panel also asked questions about my work history which made it clear they had mixed up my application with that of someone else.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a student phoned the service and said they were suicidal and you also had a queue of students waiting at Reception?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (Sunderland, North East England, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview was online and pleasant. 5 staff members attended. Every member would ask a question, during which the others would turn off their camera. At the end I was given an possibility to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with online lecturing. Knowledge of helping students with distance to higher education. Current developments in the field.

University of Sunderland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sunderland in Nov 2020

Interview

Microsoft teams webcam panel job interview. Had I think 8 questions which I answered. The job had a focus on SEO in the job description so I focused my answers on this.

Interview Questions
  • How would you write for an external website that promotes the university?
  • Describe a website you think does SEO well?

University of Sunderland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sunderland

Interview

CV evaluation, followed by presentation on Principle tasks, challenges, personal skills and attributes that I bring to innovative approaches to teaching an integrated curriculum in a socially responsible medical school followed by interview

Interview Questions
  • Where do I see myself in 5 years?
  • socially responsible medical school?! I got a standard cold rejection. I wonder if the new appointee is the status quo. Students are betting their lives in a new school of medicine and the pannel bring recycled lecturers and do not give opportunities for new people.

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (Sunderland, North East England, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

I applied online through the University of Sunderland website. I was invited to an interview a few days after the application closing date. The interview consisted of a 20 minute Microsoft Excel test. It involved locating information on a spreadsheet and using the SUM formula to find totals. After that, I completed a 30 minute interview with a panel of two interviewers. 6 hours later, I received a phone call telling me I got the job!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (Sunderland, North East England, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

They email you and the ask you to come in for an interview they ask basic questions like how would help the students? what do you know about sustainability?

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about sustainability?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (London, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

It was a very straight forward and simple interview process. There weren't many confusing questions asked and most of them were direct and easy. It can be easily cracked if you prepare well enough

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Sunderland

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (Sunderland, North East England, England, England)

Interview

There was a team of several people and it felt quite daunting, each asked a question and made me feel at ease. Each question posed a challenge and made me think in my feet.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer and what iniative did you use to resolve the issue?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (London, England, England) in Jan 2018

Interview

This was at the London campus. I had an interview with a panel of three. Before the interview I had an Excel test, the most difficult part being doing a vlookup. Heard back within a coupe of days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sunderland (Sunderland, North East England, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

Rigorous, but kind. They give you workshops on how to deal with different stages of the interview. They also give you the topic to give the speech on. Also what you are being marked on. So attend the workshop.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews