University of Surrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Surrey Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Student Recruitment Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Surrey.

Interview

Competency based interview question and 10 min presentation. Presentation was on how to choose a University and course. They ask questions at the end. About 15 interview questions all based around the job descriptions, quite simple.

Interview Questions

• If a School who was not within our target area contacted us about holding an event with them, how would you go about dealing with them?   Answer Question

Project Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Surrey.

Interview

HR department emailed me to inform me I was successful, gave me an interview date (NB: not the date that was actually advertised), there was a panel of 3 (never had that before) and quite a lot of questions for this type of role.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very thorough online application form, including responding to statements about the requirements of the role in which you need to provide examples. Interview was 45 minutes and consisted of competency and skills based questions. Two interviewers on the panel. When entering the interview room I was comforted by the fact that the interviewers had clearly been in the room preparing. Good to see that they both had a copy of my application and CV with them. Lots of time available to ask my questions. For an interview, it was actually a really pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about this position and why are you looking to leave your current role?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I have been invited for the interview at the University campus.
    Questions were all technical and related to the post. Three members of panels interviewed me. Each had different set of questions

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, got an interview within a week. The admissions office is a big open place with desks aligned in a classroom style - in rows, which reminded me a bit of a call centre.

The interview took about 30 minutes (as scheduled) with a panel of 3. The room was a bit small and I could hear someone's phone ringing really loud in an office next door during my interview, which was a bit disturbing.

The interview itself was not difficult, nor easy. At the end of the interview I was asked if I want to ask something. I asked the manager who interviewed me a question on their department and recruitment events their held etc. Although she answered my questions, her answers were very vague and insufficient given her managerial position in this department.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the exact questions now, but they asked me questions (competency/skill based type) regarding my teamwork, flexibility, customer service skills, managing workload etc. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A competency based interview with a couple of people from the team. They asked basic questions which were all around the role and the job description. They didn't try to find out anything about me compared to other places - i think the process could be improved and less public-sector textbook.

Interview Questions

Poor pay compared to other universities

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview with panel of three interviewers. Questions were not too difficult and based on provided key competences. Relatively quick, around 30 minutes. Felt the interview went well but was disappointed to not be given any feedback despite specifically asking for it after receiving rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have demonstrated great communication skills   Answer Question

Bar Tender Interview

Interview

Very straightforward, there are a number of recruitment days in Rubix which happen throughout the year - no need for a formal application, you just walk in to the recruitment days. There is an individual question then a group task, the group task is just to check whether you listen to other people's opinions and can contribute when you need to as well as solve problems

Interview Questions

• If you could be any type of biscuit what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start of minimum wage then you go up of you work in cellar

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to the University for the interview. There were two academia staff at my interview. They were very kind. The interview process seemed pretty informal, which was very good. There were 3 others interviewed on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What languages do you program in?   1 Answer

Transport Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Invited to the Warehouse. Greeted by one of the members of the team. Very kind and asked me to wait in the canteen as I was there early. Interview started on time with 4 rounds with 4 different interviewers. Again, they were friendly and offered coffee/water. The only con imo is the fact that they were typing notes of the interview on the laptop and that sometimes made me lose focus. But it must be the company policy to do so and it's also interesting coz it puts the interviewee in a spot which he has to adapt to.