University of Surrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Surrey Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, got an interview within a week. The admissions office is a big open place with desks aligned in a classroom style - in rows, which reminded me a bit of a call centre.

The interview took about 30 minutes (as scheduled) with a panel of 3. The room was a bit small and I could hear someone's phone ringing really loud in an office next door during my interview, which was a bit disturbing.

The interview itself was not difficult, nor easy. At the end of the interview I was asked if I want to ask something. I asked the manager who interviewed me a question on their department and recruitment events their held etc. Although she answered my questions, her answers were very vague and insufficient given her managerial position in this department.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the exact questions now, but they asked me questions (competency/skill based type) regarding my teamwork, flexibility, customer service skills, managing workload etc. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Bar Tender Interview

Interview

Very straightforward, there are a number of recruitment days in Rubix which happen throughout the year - no need for a formal application, you just walk in to the recruitment days. There is an individual question then a group task, the group task is just to check whether you listen to other people's opinions and can contribute when you need to as well as solve problems

Interview Questions

• If you could be any type of biscuit what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start of minimum wage then you go up of you work in cellar

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to the University for the interview. There were two academia staff at my interview. They were very kind. The interview process seemed pretty informal, which was very good. There were 3 others interviewed on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What languages do you program in?   1 Answer

Transport Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Invited to the Warehouse. Greeted by one of the members of the team. Very kind and asked me to wait in the canteen as I was there early. Interview started on time with 4 rounds with 4 different interviewers. Again, they were friendly and offered coffee/water. The only con imo is the fact that they were typing notes of the interview on the laptop and that sometimes made me lose focus. But it must be the company policy to do so and it's also interesting coz it puts the interviewee in a spot which he has to adapt to.

Student Administrative Assistant/Engineering Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by email which was giving me the details of the interview. There was only one interview which was competency based and which was checking whether the person meets all of the competencies required by the university. The people in the engineering department are really friendly and the culture is flexible.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right person for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an offer after I passed the interview and I accepted it by email.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

A strange experience, I was asked to sit in the middle of a long thin table, with an interviewer right in front of me and one each end of the table left and right. It was impossible to address the three of them without turning my head all the time and I felt really uncomfortable and interviewed terribly!

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey in June 2012.

Interview

I had the interview over the phone with my line manager, a future colleague and a person from HR. They were friendly and not intimidating, asking smart questions to see if I was the best person for the role

Interview Questions

• How do you see this area of science evolve in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Physicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

easy process, discussed past experience. had a walk around the labs and met with prospective supervisors. Overall, they were very friendly and helpful. It made it clearer which topics would be good to study.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Very easy overall, just few quick question regarding past experience and relevant knowledge to handle the course.

Interview Questions

• Do you have relevant experience of the subject   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Surrey (Guildford, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Two part interview..one at the University and one with the sponsor, the latter being the more formal interview. i already knew the staff at the university so the interview was more for the sponsor to get a feel as to whether I would be suitable for this project or not.

Interview Questions

• Mostly competency based questions (teamwork etc) but they needed some in depth knowledge of materials science for my proposed project.   Answer Question