University of Sydney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Sydney Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.6

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Communications with the HR department took about a month to organise for the interview panel, the selection criteria changed on the day of the interview invitation. The interview panel was uninterested in my research, declined to answer my question (a very common question) and clearly had made a decision on a candidate before the interview. Makes me think that interviews were a typical made and they weren't actually looking. Searched online, the Department have been in a recent dispute, which was out in the papers. I received a rejection from the HR, within 4-5 days, no feedback. Within days, I accepted a research position in another university.

Interview Questions

• Based on the collaborations I would bring in, the goals of the School etc
      I never experienced such a weird set of 'research' interview questions.
      Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview was smoothly done and the two manager that interviewed me was fairly nice and easygoing and they tried to make the atmosphere very relaxing and less stressed for me

Interview Questions

• about my previous roles, why did i leave that role and any conflicts that I have had with my previous colleagues   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Presentation and interview. 10 minutes to prepare a 5 minute long presentation according to the topics. Second part was a group interview basically covered the questions answered in selection criterion.

Interview Questions

• Based on Selection Criterion   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narrabri (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Narrabri (Australia)).

Interview

Group interview process. Other interview processes may be different as the work place is at different stage then when I applied for my position and because of my years of experience. The Narrabri site was in the period of rebuilding after years of cut backs in agricultural research and has been able to secure reliable funding.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

During the interview I was asked about resume and previous research records. They also seemed very interested in what I did and why I thought I could be successful in the future research. It was pretty standard, not too difficult. The interviewers are friendly and there's some fascinating research going on here.

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

The whole process had two steps. In the first step, the University HR interviewed me. They were very friendly. After one week, they called me and arranged an interview with the manager. The manager asked questions about my professional background and experience. He was also friendly. The two interviews were relatively brief, around 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• It had no difficult questions. They were all about my experience and what I have accomplished professionally.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Interview

i got hired through an internal process by my current supervisor who are quite familiar with my qualification before hiring decisions were made. Therefore I didn't go through a formal interview process. After I came to Australia I found that it was very common for companies or universities to hire people through internal processess without advertising publicly. This is a big difference as compared to the US.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I was contacted for an interview. I attended the interview with a selection panel, which was comprised of five people. I was advised of the results of the interview a week later.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Newtown (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Only 1 interview for contracting position. It was a panel interview in a very big rectangular room. The interview itself was easy and the questions asked were appropriate for the position. The interview started late which was a poor experience.
    The onboarding experience was extremely poor with my hiring manager not even being in office when I arrived. After half day I heard him and went and said hello and reminded him that I was here and that he had hired me. Didn't see him again for 2 weeks with sorry excuse that he was too busy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about ypur project management experience   Answer Question
    • what do you know about the challenges in the education sector   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing about managing successful projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much but that is because the pay is generally pretty good because they are so disorganized that you actually don't do much work.

Research Officer Interview

Interview

Steps in the process are as follows:
    Apply to online job ad, addressing key selection criteria.
    Called in for interview by a 3 person panel, including the direct supervisor and their peers. Only one interview, no written assessments. Mostly behavioural-type questions.
     Following Referee checks with 2 referees an offer was promptly made.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your approach to organising and synthesising large amounts of information.   Answer Question