University of Sydney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Sydney Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Firstly, lodge an application with Sydney Talent if you are a student or an alumni of USYD.
    Secondly, a face to face interview with Sydney Talent.
    Thirdly, a face to face interview with the finance team.
    Fourthly, wait for notification.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.
      Tell me about your time commitment .
      Are you a quick learner?
      What is your career goal?   Answer Question

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for a job for Microsoft based in a research group at Uni of Sydney. I was interviewed over the phone by two postdocs.

The interview differed wildly from the job description I was sent and nothing I prepared for was relevant as a result. One interviewer seemed inexperienced but was interested in finding out my strengths, the other interviewer was very rude and gave the impression that I was wasting her time (after she only showed up halfway through). Both interviewers asked some skill based questions that were vague and weren't able to provide more detail when I asked. I'm not sure how I made it to the interview process as the questions they were asking were beyond my experience so maybe they didn't read my resume.

A recruiter put me forward for this job and I did receive feedback through them. It was their opinion that the job had changed between the job description being written and me being interviewed.

Engineering Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Vanuatu)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Vanuatu)) in July 2017.

Interview

Referral for the job came from a friend. We had to present a problem on the board in front of a lecturer and present it as though there was a class there. Then we talked about the course content and expectations and if we would be comfortable with the expectations.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Communications with the HR department took about a month to organise for the interview panel, the selection criteria changed on the day of the interview invitation. The interview panel was uninterested in my research, declined to answer my question (a very common question) and clearly had made a decision on a candidate before the interview. Makes me think that interviews were a typical made and they weren't actually looking. Searched online, the Department have been in a recent dispute, which was out in the papers. I received a rejection from the HR, within 4-5 days, no feedback. Within days, I accepted a research position in another university.

Interview Questions

• Based on the collaborations I would bring in, the goals of the School etc
      I never experienced such a weird set of 'research' interview questions.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview was smoothly done and the two manager that interviewed me was fairly nice and easygoing and they tried to make the atmosphere very relaxing and less stressed for me

Interview Questions

• about my previous roles, why did i leave that role and any conflicts that I have had with my previous colleagues   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was put through by a recruiter at Sydney Talent. Had to attend and interview. My interviewer was very good at making me comfortable and asking intelligent meaningful questions. I think this is mostly a reflection on him personally as he is great at getting the best from people and giving them a good go. He became my boss and I was lucky but don't think everyone here is that good - although most people are pretty good.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around how to document tasks, motivate people and guide a project.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Just two interviews as they were needing someone urgent. I just had to see the manager who I had to work for. The second interview was with the colleague I would be working with to understand more about the role

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with handling research data and building dashboards?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Presentation and interview. 10 minutes to prepare a 5 minute long presentation according to the topics. Second part was a group interview basically covered the questions answered in selection criterion.

Interview Questions

• Based on Selection Criterion   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narrabri (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Narrabri (Australia)).

Interview

Group interview process. Other interview processes may be different as the work place is at different stage then when I applied for my position and because of my years of experience. The Narrabri site was in the period of rebuilding after years of cut backs in agricultural research and has been able to secure reliable funding.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

During the interview I was asked about resume and previous research records. They also seemed very interested in what I did and why I thought I could be successful in the future research. It was pretty standard, not too difficult. The interviewers are friendly and there's some fascinating research going on here.