University of Sydney Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Sydney Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Communications with the HR department took about a month to organise for the interview panel, the selection criteria changed on the day of the interview invitation. The interview panel was uninterested in my research, declined to answer my question (a very common question) and clearly had made a decision on a candidate before the interview. Makes me think that interviews were a typical made and they weren't actually looking. Searched online, the Department have been in a recent dispute, which was out in the papers. I received a rejection from the HR, within 4-5 days, no feedback. Within days, I accepted a research position in another university.

Interview Questions

• Based on the collaborations I would bring in, the goals of the School etc
    I never experienced such a weird set of 'research' interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Sydney

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2010.

Interview

It was an phone interview with 4 people. It was normal where they ask me things related with my scientific background. Also they propose some problem and ask me about a resolution. Finally there was questions related with the availability, the knowledge of australia and so on. The communication was a little stressing because there was some problems with the line.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with your future boss. A public presentation is sometimes required.