University of Tampa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Tampa

1.9

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Avoid interviewing at this company. Not a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• If you value your marriage or personal life, do not get a job in IT here.   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I found a post for this position on the university's website. I submitted my resume and within the same day I was contacted for an in person interview. I meet with assistant director of admissions the next day. Interview discussed computer skills, life, school history, and mostly to see if I was coherent enough for the position. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• No questions were hard. The interview is to mostly see if you are a stabel person and not a nut case.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tampa.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. She kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. It was a positive experience despite it not being a good fit for me.

I was required to send her writing samples and bring along an example of a video I had created. This was for a position in the Office of Public Information.

Interview Questions

• When you need to obtain information from staff or students, how does your interview style help them feel at ease?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Tampa.

Interview

Great and easy one. It was telephonic interview and more behavioral questions. Mainly based around my career plans and purpose of going for higher education. They asked about my technical expertise in data management and document imaging systems as the university uses the higher education document imaging system which we need to support.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to pursue my MBA?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in University of Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tampa (University of Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

They choose who they believe are candidates based off of your resume and Undergraduate Degree GPA and extra curricular activities. No in person interview is done, it is based solely off of those credentials.

Interview Questions

• Submit your resume and application to the University of Tampa.   1 Answer

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

went in talked.. very easy conversion although the people interviewing me were relatively old. went in talked.. very easy conversion although the people interviewing me were relatively old. went in talked.. very easy conversion although the people interviewing me were relatively old.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief, professional would of liked a more detailed interview to show my personal skills and attributes. University seems very caught up in itself being private and not public. I did not get a job offer, I am a current student at the university and would like to continue working for the school.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly. He asked mostly behavior questions. First I was interviewed and tested in HR. Everyone I came across was very nice. The interview lasted just under an hour. The testing was basic.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

I carried the interview asking myself questions and then answering. Quite a joke really. After applying back in March, they responded back to applicants in July. Was told that they would be deciding by the end of the week. When that time came, they reached out via email to let me know that they would need another week, which was not an issues and I appreciated them keeping in touch. However, after that next week passed, I reached out a couple of times to see if they decided (yes or no) or what the hold up was. I received no return call or email or anything back at this point. If you're going to reach out once to candidates with a promise to do so again, you need to follow through. A blessing in disguise. If this is the way management operates on hiring for a position, I could only imagine their capability of managing daily.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tampa (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process is done as a group then individually focusing on team work capabilities and how to handle certain situations. It is highly based off of how you work and function as a leader.

Interview Questions

• Some say the RA position is like living in a fish bowl. Can you explain what this means to you and how you will handle a lifestyle like it?   Answer Question