University of Tennessee Health Science Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Tennessee Health Science Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.4

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

Interview

I applied online (Nature.com) and then received email to apply on University Website. Interview was Telephonic, questions were general related to my experience. One day I received a call that am I ready to accept the offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• All general questions related to your work such as how did you complete the experiment and draw conclusion? What was the conclusion of the experiment and why?   1 Answer
    • All questions were related to experiments and publications and I answered them all with confidence because I worked for research industry for eight years.   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply. I was essentially referred by a prior employer and did a screening interview. Once it seemed I got along with everyone in the office, I was offered the job and accepted immediately.

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple members of department in one long day. Met with multiple leaders and faculty members and staff members. Met with two different committees. Gave presentation to faculty group.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit in here?   1 Answer

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and within a couple of weeks I received a call from the hiring lab. I had an in person interview one week later with the PI, Lab supervisor, and one staff member. It was very lax, and was more of a conversation about my research experience and interests and how I would fit the position. Very straightforward.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN).

Interview

There was a long table of people, about 8 altogether. Some probably did not need to be present. There were about 20 or 25 questions that each person took turns asking. A few sounded redundant, maybe worded a little differently. There were the typical interview questions and then there were job related ones. The whole process took about forty to forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your supervising style?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was after about 2-3 weeks of submitting my resume. Sat down with the Principal Investigator. Interview was very simple and more on a personal level. in this scenario he wanted someone that would be flexible and nice. I got the job and love it.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very professional and up to date. Hiring manager or HR contacted you in every step of the process and made sure interview times and methods were convenient to you.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but do your research on the company and what the position entitles.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call within 4-5 days to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview was pretty informal, we mostly talked about the position requirements, I was asked several questions about my background but nothing too daunting. Overall it was a great and easy experience, I was called back a week and a half later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Global Clinical Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was a quick phone call that consisted of answering some basic questions. Experience, travel availability and the like.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience auditing manufacturing sites?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied online, called in for a one on one interview with the supervisor. recieved a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you negotiate. There is usually some wiggle room that will allow you to get a higher salary. I was afraid to negotiate and that lead to me having the same pay for which I was unhappy with for 3 years before a cost of living raise was finally given.