University of Tennessee - Knoxville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

University of Tennessee - Knoxville Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Tennessee - Knoxville

2.6

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The Administrator called and scheduled appointment to have a group interview; The Group interview was with the staff I would be supervising and the Administrator; Third interview was a one-one with the Administrator; The Administrator provided me a tour of the facility and introduced me to other staff members during tour.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What are your long term goals? How do you think you are right for this job? What type of people rub you the wrong way? You have been the Executive Director and in charge at your previous jobs...how will you respond to not being the final in-charge person?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Knoxville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was a smooth process. I interviewed with the woman who would be my direct boss. The interview took about an hour, and I received a conditional job offer about a week later (pending a successful background check).

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that general education is a waste of time or important to the college education?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was already the student assistant at the same place I was later hired for so the director knew me and my work and wanted to hire me and did not need to interview me.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Knoxville, TN) in April 2019.

Interview

My interview process was a positive and laid back experience. Everyone that was a part of the process was kind, understanding, and provided detailed information about the position and what would be expected of me.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview for 15-30 minutes asking various questions about current position, education background, area of research interest and experience, willingness to learn, ability to adapt, expectations in the job, and start date.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position? How long did you work there?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Stillwater, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a cover letter and CV sent to my current employer, then an interview via Zoom videoconferencing software. After the videoconference interview, I was notified via email that I was being offered the position.

Digital & Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee - Knoxville (Knoxville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from them about a month later. They sent me an email and called to schedule an interview on campus, noting a sense of urgency for the position. I flew over to Knoxville on my own dime for a panel interview with 6 staff. They said they'd contact me after a month from the interview but I have not heard from them in over two months. I don't mind not getting the job, but I do mind not receiving any communication whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• What is one failure you had to face and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What marketing campaigns have you done in the past?   Answer Question
    • Since this is a new position in the college, what ideas would you have for the position?   Answer Question
    • Were there any moments that you had to deal with dishonesty and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question