University of Tennessee Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Tennessee Medical Center

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center (Knoxville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview and it had the standard questions. We also discussed pay and working hours. I got called several weeks later that I had an interview with a nursing manager and job shadowed. I ended up talking to two nursing managers that day and did a peer interview. After that a few more weeks pass and I get a call saying that I had a job offer from one of the managers and was scheduled for a drug screen, blood test, and signed some paperwork. It has been about three weeks since then and I know there was nothing on my bad on my screening, because I do not do those types of things. I tried emailing my recruiter without a response in a week. Orientation is in about 2 1/2 weeks. Should I be concerned?

Interview Questions

• What would you do If a friend of your family ended up in the hospital and other members were asking you about what is wrong with them?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Interview

Overall the interview went well. It was very basic questions. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a patient and/or their family members. It was very basic stuff. However when they got to the compensation, I didn't bother with having my references fill anything out. I was offered $18.25/hr, shift differential of $4/hr and an additional $3 on weekends. I won't always be working weekends and $18.25 I thought was a really low base pay. I currently make $15/hr as a tech. I know it's not all about the money, but I just didn't feel like we clicked. FYI Pay raise are market classification and pay for performance. 5% goes to a 403b. They do have medical, vision, and dental which starts after 1 month of employment which would cost around $115/month for just you (obviously more for spouses, children). 20 vacation days a year. Hope this helps! I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere a couple days after this interview.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about a month, I interviewed in person and then went back for a second interview the day of my drug scree. I was placed in a two week orientation after. I had to wait through an entire phase of orientation and miss out on 2 weeks of work due to HR mistake. They also offered to train me as a Med-Tech and that never happened.

Interview Questions

Interview

1 phone call for initial interview through human resources. I call from nurse manager to come shadow and have interview. Callback call from nurse manager. Final interview with human resources to discuss pay rate, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They are not willing to negotiate at all.

Unit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Interview

After the initial contact from HR concerning my application, I had to call and email them a few times to remind them of my interest in the job before they scheduled an interview. I interviewed with two nurse managers. Both interviews were pretty standard: work experience, expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• This was my first experience working in a hospital, so pretty much all of the questions concerning hospital procedures were difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center (Knoxville, TN) in December 2012.

Interview

Long and slow. There was not a lot of communication and it was stressful. There should be a way to lessen the time this takes. After my job offer it was almost a month before I could start and it was not due to me giving notice at a current job.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center (Knoxville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Opportunity to shadow in the department. Peer interview with members of the bedside team and department team leader. Followed by meeting the nurse manager. Several questions presented from department staff and opportunity to ask questions. No questions were off limits and the staff was open about their daily (at times chaotic) environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UT Medical Center.   1 Answer

Nursing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tennessee Medical Center in September 2008.

Interview

At the time departments were fairly desperate for staff; management essentially took the time to sell the department to me. Initial contact was over the internet; 1:1 interview with hiring shift manager; then walking tour of unit. Introduced to workers who essentially parroted management's point of view.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you have faced in your work environment?   Answer Question