University of Tennessee Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

2.4

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with 2 people. Later that day, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview the next day. It was a panel interview consisting of 3 people.

Communications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Great interview experience. Felt well-respected all the way through. Started with a phone interview. Met with the selection committee and team members making the decision for the position. Only drawback was the length of time between meeting, my follow-ups and the actual notification of their decision.

Temporary Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. Took only about 10 minutes. Met face to face with the head of HR who contacted me about the position, she advised all documentation I would need for the background check, who I would be interviewing with, where to park the day of the interview. Interviewed directly with my supervisor who asked me a minimum of questions and she hired me then and there.

Interview Questions

• Previous office experince, computer skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Was pretty straight forwards with few questions regarding my project vision. As I was referred by an employee, it did not take much time for the final offer to receive in my favor. Wonderful place to work.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was as simple as expressing my interest in the research professor's research. You need to research what they work on prior to meeting with them. If you are not interested in what they work on you will not get the position. I worked in two engineering research labs.

Administrative Support Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through taleo, then I got a phone call a month later in regards to an interview. The interview environment was nice and calm. The ladies there took me back to meet the head of the department and four of them sat with me to talk. The overall interview was an hour and fifteen minutes long and we discussed a lot of things. It was perhaps the most positive and welcoming interview I have ever had.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

They sent me the hours and asked for me to send in an application. They then emailed me for an interview. When i came in they had two individuals interviewing me for the position.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via email in response to an ad I found on UT's website. Several weeks later I received a response letting me know I was chosen to set up and interview. The interview was conducted through facetime, and was with all three of the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• If I did not know the answer to a question being asked of me how would I go about finding the answer to it?   1 Answer

Construction Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Flew in on own dime to interview. Was able to meet with chancellor (dept head) per my request as part of relocating with my spouse but was interviewed and evaluated by directors beneath him

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult clients (i.e. professors)   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in. They Talked. I answered. It was a great process. I don't know what else to say here. The whole process was great and easy and they were nice.