University of Texas System Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min

Interview Questions

• very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview, then brought in for an in-person. It was pretty straightforward. I did not have prior experience in this field. I met with a future coworker, immediate supervisor, and department head in the final interview. It took about 2 months to hear back about my application, and the rest of the process was over in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Last question: what would you be doing if you weren't in this field?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted application, was invited to come in for a skills test before being considered. Then I was called to come in for an interview with two interviewers. I did well, however didn't have the experience they were looking for. The individuals I met were pleasant and engaging. I will look forward to another opportunity - seemed like a place I'd like to work for.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than someone with more experience in accounting?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone screening then on campus visit. met 13 people including dean.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do to contribute to this dept. your first year.   1 Answer

Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

very light interview no hard questions just discussed my experience

Negotiation

none

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

There were 2 visits with 2 rounds of interviews. Wonderful people,staff, and environment.

Low salary

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

called, offered/scheduled interview
    first interview with group
    wait 1 week
    email/schedule 2nd round
    second group interview
    wait 1 week
    not hired email

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you over any of the other candidates?   Answer Question