University of Texas System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Texas System Interview Questions

2.5

PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed first on the phone and then in person. The phone interview was very basic but when I interviewed 1 on 1 the questions were a good bit more difficult. I didnt feel like I did all that well in the interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me about integration broker and I was not at the time very fluid with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, I accepeted

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone screening then on campus visit. met 13 people including dean.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do to contribute to this dept. your first year.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

For this particular interview, the professor contacted me through email. On the interview day, there were 2 professors interviewed me. During the interview, they explained the project to me very clearly and brought me to the laboratory. After that, they started to ask me tons of questions. From what i remembered, the below are the questions that they asked.

1. Tell me more about yourself?
    2. Why should we hire you?
    3. What is your major strength and weakness?
    4. what was your thesis project? Please explain the details
    5. What were the skills that you learn during your graduate study

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System in July 2008.

Interview

I contacted UT HSC for a position of Asst Prof advertized in Science magazine. I had a phone interview initially with the members of the Search Committee and then was invited to an official job interview in Houston. Interview consisted of 1 hour presentation of my results and 1 hour 30 min presentation of my future plans next day and also 1 on 1 interview with faculty members.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First round was a phone interview, then brought in for an in-person. It was pretty straightforward. I did not have prior experience in this field. I met with a future coworker, immediate supervisor, and department head in the final interview. It took about 2 months to hear back about my application, and the rest of the process was over in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Last question: what would you be doing if you weren't in this field?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

They were two interviews one phone call and face -to face

Salary to low

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Texas System.

Interview

Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

ask some behavior questions

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Texas System (Richardson, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with secretarial staff/directors and assistant vice president.
    The questions were silly and the atmosphere was negative.
    There appeared to be no diversity in those who were interviewing me.

A question asked, "What type of ceral I would be if I could be one?'" is irrelavant."

Interview Questions

• What type of ceral would you be if you could be one?   1 Answer